Table of Contents
Food has a direct and indirect impact on our skin. Proper nutrition is very important for good health and good skin. An unhealthy diet can damage your metabolism and can harm other organs which may gradually develop skin related problems. What you eat can significantly affect the health and aging of your skin.
Here are the Top 10 best foods for healthy skin
Tomato is beneficial for uneven skin tone and prevents signs of aging. Here are some benefits for your skincare routine but before using take a small patch test if you are allergic to tomatoes. Its benefits are
- Moisturizes your skin
- Fight cellular damage
- Contains anti-aging property
- Helps to remove dead skin cells
- Helps to stimulate collagen production.
- It reduces the risk of sunburn.
- It soothes skin inflammation.
- Broccoli is a powerhouse of anti-oxidant and it contains vitamins, minerals, zinc, and copper.
- It helps in maintaining healthy skin.
- Protects from skin infection and gives a glowing skin.
- It slows down early signs of aging.
- Broccoli contains a high amount of vitamin C which has antioxidant properties that help fight free radicals.
- Regular eating of broccoli can help you to reduce acne, pigmentation, wrinkles, and fine lines.
- Avocado contains antioxidants, vitamins E, Vitamins C which protect your skin from free radicals.
- It helps to manage acne because of its anti-inflammatory anti-microbial properties.
- It helps to exfoliate skin from within.
- You can eat as salad with other fruits and nuts.
- You can make a face mask for your skin.
4) Green tea
Green tea has many health benefits. It can work wonders for your skin and gives you radiant glowing skin. It helps to maintain the elasticity of your skin and make it youthful. Green tea is a perfect hydrating agent. You may drink or apply on the skin. The presence of vitamin E helps in hydrating your skin. It works wonders for puffy eyes and dark circles. Take a tea bag, dip it into Luke’s warm water, and keep it on your eyes for at least 10 minutes.
5) Dark chocolates
Dark chocolate helps to reduce dark spots and pigmentation and helps your skin glowing. It improves collagen content and boosts blood circulation by which wrinkles and five lines get delays with age. Dark chocolate helps in skin healing, lighten scars, and blemishes. It reduces skin inflammation, eczema, and psoriasis. The nutritional benefit of dark chocolate keeps your scalp safe from UV rays.
Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which helps in locking moisture, removes bad toxins apart from omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E these nuts contain the goodness of many anti-oxidants like allergy acid, phytosterols, melatonin, flavonoids, etc. It helps in removing dead skin cells, dirt, excess oils, and clogging of pores. Walnut oil is used to hydrate the skin. Walnuts are rich in vitamin B and anti-oxidant. It prevents skin from tiredness and damages. You can use walnut scrub, face scrub, face pack, and moisturizer. You will notice your skin would become glossy after some time.
It is a source of many health benefits. Papaya contains Vitamin A, anti-bacterial properties, and enzymes, which help to remove dead skin cells and rejuvenate your skin. It helps to keep your skin hydrated and defend against signs of aging. Papaya helps to improve the elasticity of your skin to minimize wrinkles. It helps to reduce acne by removing dead skin cells.
They are the secret source of a well-nourished skin. They are rich in potassium and it helps in hydrating and moisturizing skin making it soft and it contains vitamin A which helps to heal dry skin.
Oranges contain Vitamin C which provides us radiant and glowing skin. The natural oil present in oranges keeps your skin hydrated and look younger. Vitamin helps in producing collagen in your skin that helps to make your skin firm and reduce the signs of aging. It is full of antioxidants and helps in fighting free radicals.
- You can eat an orange every day or you can drink a glass of orange juice after your breakfast.
- You can directly apply orange juice on your skin for removing pigmentation spots.
Home Remedy for Dry Skin:
- Take 2 tablespoons of orange juice,
- one tablespoon of milk,
- One pinch of turmeric. Mix them well. Apply on your skin and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Do this remedy two to three times a week. You will notice changes within two months. You will get soft glowing skin.
Lemon is a rich source of vitamin c and citric acid. Particularly lemon is a natural treatment for age spots and acne. As it contains vitamin c and antioxidants, it prevents free radicals and leaves you smoother skin. It helps in removing blackheads. Take a small patch on your skin for tests to ensure no skin irritation.