Have you heard about asthma? What is asthma? Asthma is a respiratory disorder that affects the air passages and lungs which is characterized by breathing problem, congestion, wheezing and coughing. Asthma can affect all age groups from children to senior citizens. Nowadays it increases many folds due to change in lifestyle, increase in pollution, allergens in air, stress, physical activity and preservatives in food, and certain medications.The exact cause of asthma is unknown but some factors may increase the risk of asthma like common cold, air pollution such as smoke, and preservatives added in beverages and foods and some medicines such as ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin can also be the cause of asthma.According to Ayurvedic point of view asthma is known as Swash Rog. Its main cause is vitiation of kapha dosha and pranvayu in body. When it combines with kapha dosha in the lungs it causes breathing problem due to obstruction of Pranavaha srotasa (Respiratory passage). This condition is known as Swash Rog. Asthma is a disease that has no permanent cure but with the help of Asthma natural supplements it can be managed and asthma attacks can be prevented. With the help of lifestyle and dietary changes, herbal medicines can help to treat asthma and prevent asthma attacks.
ASTHMA NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS IN AYURVEDA
Ayurveda is ancient science of life that offers natural and healthy way to manage the diseased condition. Main goal of Ayurveda is to balance all doshas in body which is the main cause of any health complication.
Treatment of asthma focuses on pacifying the kapha and removing toxins from the body. In addition to that it also enhances the body’s immunity.
There are various Asthma natural supplements that are used in management of asthma which are purely herbal and free from side effects. Some of these are explained below:
1.ALLER- G- CARE CAPSULES:
Aller- g- care capsules are prepared from extract of different herbs which are explain in detail:
- Haridra or Turmeric (Curcuma longa): Turmeric contains Curcumin which is very effective for all types of allergies. It has various wonderful properties which help to manage different diseased conditions and is having anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic action.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica): It is one of nature’s best remedy for allergy. It helps to clear the toxins from body and gives relief from all types of skin as well as respiratory allergies like asthma.
- Shirish (Albezzia lebbock): In Ayurveda, it is described as vish-ghan i.e. removes poison from the body. it helps to remove accumulated poisons from body and thus improves immune response of body
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): It is very effective in inflammation and allergies. It also provides strength to body and improves immune system of body.
BENEFITS – The herbs used in the formulation are packed with anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that help to ease the symptoms related to asthma like coughing, breathing problems, fatigue and wheezing.
DOSE – 1-2 capsules, twice daily after meals with water.
It is one of the best herbal powder formulation that helps to manage the symptoms of respiratory disease like asthma, bronchial asthma and allergies. It is obtained from the blend of different herbs which are explained below:
TwakCinnamomum zeylanica): It is very effective to provide relief from bronchitis, asthma and respiratory problems.
Shirish (Albezzia lebbock): It helps to remove accumulated poisonous metabolites from body. According to Ayurveda, these ama or toxins in the body disturb the normal metabolism that results in problem.
- Vasa(Adhatoda vasica): This herb has property to relieve bronchitis, asthma and other lung disorders. Its leaves are used in the form of decoction and can be used in asthma related symptoms like cough, colds.
- Anantmool(Tylophora asthmatica): It is used for the management of allergies, cold, asthma. Its dried leaves are expectorant, emetic and diaphoretic.
- Bharangi (Clerodandrum serratum): It is useful in diseases where breathing is difficult, like asthma allergy, bronchitis, cough etc.
- Mulethi(Glycerrhiza glabra): It is also known as Licorice. It has anti-inflammatory effect on the lungs, which helps to reduce inflammation of the bronchial tubes and restore the normal breathing. It also has immune-stimulant properties.
BENEFITS – These herbs are known to very effective to manage the respiratory and lung infections. It helps to relieve the respiratory symptoms and it is best natural remedy for asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory infections.
DOSE– 1 teaspoonful twice daily or take 1 tsp. of the powder and boil in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. approximately. Then strain it and drink at room temperature. Try to make it fresh every day. Take it twice daily after breakfast and dinner.
3.TULSI CAPSULES:These capsules are obtained from extract of Tulsi(Ocimum tenuiflorum)
Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum) – It is also known as Holy Basil. It has not only medicinal value but also has religious value. It is very important herb used in the treatment of various respiratory illness and helps to balance overall respiratory system. It is also effective against various infections like cold, flu which may be causative factor of asthma and enhances the immunity of body.
DOSE: 2 capsules with water after meals.
There are some suggestions that help to prevent the asthmatic attack:
- Avoid junk and fried foods.
- Avoid exposure to allergens.
- Avoid smoking.
- Do yoga and pranayama instead of heavy exercise.
Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD-Ayurvedic Medicine) is an expert Ayurveda consultant in Chandigarh (India). He has vast experience of herbs and their applied uses. He has successfully treated numerous patients suffering from various ailments, throughout the world. He is CEO and Founder of Krishna Herbal Company and Planet Ayurveda in Chandigarh, India. WEBSITE – WWW.PLANETAYURVEDA.COM