There are many fruits which are considered as, world’s healthiest food. Date fruit comes under this category. It is one of the most healthiest and the highly nutritious edibles.
The date is one of the most nourishing fruits. It is food of great importance, and is called the ‘Bread of the Sahara’. It is included in the categories, of both dry and fresh fruit.
Appearance of Date fruit:
The date is a cylindrical fruit of yellow to reddish-brown in color. It has fleshy pericarp, surrounding a single seed containing 60 to 70 per cent sugar in it.
The tree-ripe fresh date is delicious fruit. It undergoes, fermentation very rapidly. Therefore, it is dried in the sun. The fruit looses about 35 per cent of its weight in the process of drying.
Origin of Date fruit:
The date is considered as one of the ancient fruit, cultivated by man. The ancient monuments of Egypt, have been found contain carved figures of date palm.
Date is believed to be originated in the Persian Gulf area or in Mesopotamia. Now it is classed as one of the standard crops of world agriculture.
Now it is widely grown in Egypt, Iran, Spain, Italy, China, U.S.A, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.
Food uses of Date fruit:
- It is usually taken as a supplement with milk, which makes it highly nutritious and most respects.
- In Sahara, people take it with butter by removing the seed and filling cavity with butter.
- It is also taken in cooked forms.
- The seed of fruit, roasted and ground into powder makes a beverage like coffee called ‘date coffee’.
- The date palm also yields a sweet juice, of high food value.
- The juice can also be fermented, and turned into alcohol like drink.
Nutritional elements in Date-
- Total it gets 100% of the volume.
- In minerals category, it contains calcium, phosphorus, Iron, Vitamin C and little amount of Vitamin B complex.
- The calorific value is 317 per 100 gm of edible portion.
Now, we shall be talking about the health benefits of Date. As discussed, it is one of the healthiest food, have a look yourself.
Health benefits of Date fruit:
1. Best friend for your Heart–
Date is like a medicine for heart patients. The good quantity of Iron, fibers and minerals makes it the best thing for weak hearted people. Those with weak heart, should consume dates on a daily basis.
Soak 4-5 dates at night, and next morning remove its seed and consume it. Doing this even twice a week, gives miraculous benefits.
2. Treats Constipation–
Due to its richness in roughage , it stimulates the bowel movements making it eased and fresh. A constipated patient, must take the syrup prepared with dates everyday.
3. Natural weight enhancer-
We take a lot of protein powders and supplements to increase weight, but the result is not good. Date fruit can be very helpful for such. Take a glass of cow milk with a banana and 3-4 dates, everyday.
Doing this, will increase your weight effectively and in healthy manner.
4. Increases good bacteria count-
If your colon and intestines are having rich number of good bacteria count, then most probably you will not face any intestinal disturbances.
A well-grown adult, must include 5-6 dates in their daily diet. It is very healthy and enhances longevity.
5. Relieves Sexual weakness-
Date is very good to treat sexual weakness. It also removes impotency and weakness of the sexual organs. Soak a handful of dates in a glass of fresh goat’s milk.
Next morning, add a pinch of cardamom powder to it and drink as regular milk. It improves sex stamina and also removes genital problems.
Dates are really the natural tonic for health. One should eat it daily.
Hope you like the article, share it to all and do share your feedback with us. Take care and live well!