Table of Contents
Triphala is a herb that is described in almost all herbal preparations and as a prime medicine. Many of us know it as a digestive medicine, but its advantages are more than that. Today we will be telling you the health benefits of Triphala.
Triphala is a major and one of the most important herbs in Ayurveda. Triphala means ‘three herbs’, and is comprised of the same. Several practitioners even use 2 to 3 parts of Triphala in their medicine preparations.
Properties of Triphala herb:
Triphala herb cures kapha, pitta, burning sensation and dermatoses. It is laxative in nature and cures many diseases like digestive disorders, fever, and many more.
Now let us talk about the health benefits of the Triphala herb.
Health benefits of Triphala:
1. Prevents Hair fall-
- Take 2-5 gm Triphala powder with 125 mg Iron ash.
- Mix these two well and take them twice a day.
- It prevents hair fall.
2. Aids in Weight loss-
- Take triphala powder 1/2 teaspoon, once daily.
- Continue the process for 90 days.
- It gives miraculous effect on weight loss.
- Or, soak a teaspoon of triphala in 200 gm water overnight.
- Next morning, boil it till reduced to half.
- Mix 2 teaspoon of honey in it and drink this when warm.
- Regular consumption, reduces several kgs of weight.
3. Treats Tumour-
- In case of tumor due to pitta, give 1-2 teaspoon juice of grapes and harad with jaggery mixed in it.
- You can also give 3-5 gm triphala powder with sugar mixed in it.
- Give this thrice a day.
4. Reduces Acidity-
- Give 1/2 teaspoonful of triphala powder with water, thrice a day.
- It reduces acidity.
5. Cures Constipation–
- At night, before going to bed, take 1 teaspoonful of Triphala with warm water.
- It is very beneficial for Constipation.
6. Delays Aging–
- Take triphala powder with water on a daily basis.
- It delays the process of aging and also promotes longevity.
7. Aids in Fever-
- Give 10-20 gm decoction of triphala, 1 hour before the onset of fever.
- Give 20 ml triphala decoction.
- It even cures viral fever.
8. Kills stomach and intestinal worms-
- Make a mixed powder of, neem , turmeric and triphala.
- These are strong and sweet, thus curing kapha and pitta disorders.
- It kills worms and cleanses ulcers.
9. Good for Urinary disorders-
- Take triphala, berberis, aristata, deodar, and nut-grass in equal quantities.
- Prepare a decoction of it.
- Give this to the patient, twice a day.
- It cures all types of urinary disorders.
10. Enhance interest in food-
- Take Triphala, pomegranate, and raja dan.
- Mix these well and take this on a daily basis.
- It cures acidity and also enhances interest in food.
Now you must have noticed that Triphala is an effective herb. If you too are suffering from any of the problems listed above, they must give it a try.
Share the post with all, and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!