Our world is very beautiful but is characterized by merits as well as demerits. As every living thing has some good as well as bad things in it; similarly our living planet “Earth” has also some mishaps occurred. Those are called ‘diseases’. The meaning of disease is; lack of comfort.
Dis= Lack of; ease=comfort! There are thousands types of disease occurring in specific organs. Here we will talking about the malfunctioning or disease of nervous system called “Parkinson’s disease”. We will also be talking about paralysis and poliomyelitis in brief.
It is a degenerative disorder of CNS (Central Nervous System) which affects the motor system. As we know, brain is the delicate sponge type of organ which controls and stimulates all the functions of the body. It is protected with a hard skull. It is very hard to guess, what will be the condition of the individual suffering from brain disease.
These kinds of diseases takes place when nerve cells are unable or lacks to produce brain chemical called ‘dopamine’. Neurons are the functional units of brain; when they are unable to response then such disorders can also occur. It can be due to nervous weakness, blockage of veins, diabetes disorders and many more.
Brain diseases are commonly termed as neurological disorders or psychiatric diseases. In the same case, paralysis is also referred as the same. In this the signals coming from brain gets disturbed and simply our muscles and motor system tends to be weakened in response.
It is caused due to the damage in spinal cord or nervous system. There can be many reasons for the occurrence of neurological disorders like stroke, trauma, cerebral disorder, stress and so on. These diseases get fatal in no time and can be fatal for one’s health.
Due to such disorders, suffering individual gets unable to respond normally as their brain is not working well and in a normal status. In severe cases, the person gets so sick that he/ she is unable to carry our daily routine properly.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease:-
- Slow response and movement
- Shaking and vibration in limbs (In severe cases, due to abnormal nerve impulses even the whole body can start shaking)
- Rigidity and aching of muscles
- Poor coordination and balance
Severity of disease:-
As we know, every disease in severe cases tends to be quite fatal and dangerous. Especially, in brain disorders this case becomes much suspecting. In this disease, the clot occurs in veins and brain arteries which tends in abnormal behaviours.
As the situation progresses, the disorder becomes worsen. In some cases strains and trauma can even turn the patient to coma. The best remedy applied this time is to stay smiley and happy! As this will avoid depression and stress!
Ayurvedic remedy for Paralysis and Parkinson’s disease
With the advancement of technologies, certain modern equipments and treatments has been discovered as their own characteristics. Here we will be talking about one of the ancient treatment which was discovered approximately 5000 years ago. Can you guess what’s it!
Yes, it is “Ayurveda” also termed as ‘The science of life’. This was originated in the holy land of India by saints and experts. With the advancement in technologies, this treatment got many progress and lately many more procedures were discovered.
This treatment is free from painful procedures and surgeries; in addition the medicines provided is fully natural and free from side-effects. So now, lets march to the divine world of Ayurveda. It has its own characteristics and remedy for all the diseases.
Well, one can say that Ayurveda is simply a process which is about to provide you a good style of living in a natural way. So, lets move to the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and paralysis in the versatile method of Ayurveda-
Important remedy solutions for treatment of Parkinson’s disease and paralysis
- Pranayama is the best remedy to cure neural problems. It relax your mind as well as soul making you free from disorders. Anulom-vilom Pranayama, Kapalbhati pranayama etc should be performed in a daily basis. It will take 45-60 minutes with a great determination. One should have patience while doing this as it will take 6-12 months for total recovery. In the cases of polio, if its is in first stage then it will be cured easily with pranayama in few months only.
- Use the flour made of wheat, gram and barley.
- Mukta vati; an Ayurvedic remedy can be taken that will heal the disorder.
- On a daily basis, take a glass of juice prepared using cucumber, bitter gourd and tomato. You can have it twice a day.
- Neem is the good remedy for neurological diseases. You can have it in raw form or cooked. Make a juice of it and have in a daily basis.
- Shilajeet and Ashwagandha; is the remedy that works best on polio and Parkinson’s disease. In severe cases, the dosage of shilajeet can be increased.
- Take the food stuffs that strengthen your brain cells; you can have a glass of milk with almonds which will help to cure the disease.
- Keep in mind, cow’s milk is useful to cure the disease whereas buffalo’s milk can increase the symptoms.
- Take the ‘badam rogan’ in nostrils for 2-5 drops . Swallow it inside the oesophagus and it will be helpful to cure the disease.
- Acupressure remedy seems the best; it was the origination of India but afterwards was adopted by Chinese culture. In this, certain points and channels of body is concerned which is helpful to treat the disease. Deeply massage on the back of limbs; press all the running channels and tips of the fingers and on the middle. Doing this will make you feel little pain but is very helpful for the cure of disease.
- Take 5-10 gm of Ekangvir ras, 10 gm of Parvarat pishti, 10 gm of Amrita sat, 2-5 gm of Moti pishti, 1 gm of Yogendra ras and 1 gm of Rasraj ras. Make 60 equal doses of it and take it twice a day with milk, honey or cream. The medicinal ingredients dissolves the clot in veins and activates your brain cells. It enhance your circulatory system and cures the ailment.
- Triyodashang guggal; Shilajeet and Chandraprabha vati, Medha vati. Have these twice a day with milk.
- Take Ashwagandha churna2-5 gm twice a day with cow’s milk. If you are having digestive problem then can opt for Ashwagandharisht in instead.
- If the case is so severe that the person is unable to move the limbs then you can opt for an Ayurvedic oil. You can even prepare it at home. Take 100 Ashwagandha, 100 gm of Malkangani, 100 gm of garlic, Nirgundi, Harshringar and oak leaves. Grind these well and cook in 10 kg of water. Cook till it remains 2 kg. Now add 1 cup of til oil in it. Cook well and while cooking 1 gm of saffron in it. Strain the residue; and store the cooked oil in air tight container. Massage this twice a day on hands and legs; you should massage from the finger channels; this is the right way.
- In acupressure, press all the tips o the fingers; especially the ring toe. This is the master point. It will create some pain but its good for the disorder. Massage your legs well.
A disease is cured only when you are strictly following precautionary measures and careful about your health. As in every disease, certain precautions are necessary similarly in Parkinson’s disease and Paralysis; certain things should be cared. Following are some of the tips that you should avoid if suffering from brain problems-
Precautionary measures and tips for neurological problems:-
- If you are suffering from any of the neuro-disorders; then avoid buffalo’s milk. It can increase the symptom and in opposite cow’s milk is a good remedy for brain problems.
- Spicy and heavy food should be avoided.
- Junk foods like colas, burgers, pizzas, fries etc are strictly prohibited.
- Cauliflower is the enemy of brain problems; cabbage is a good thing but you must avoid cauliflower, jack fruit and other heavy food stuffs.
- If you are suffering from digestive problem; then instead of Ashwagandha churna; practice Ashwagandha risht.
- Those suffering from Parkinson’s disease should increase the fibre content in their diet. Cereals, bran, pasta, fresh fruits etc should be included.
- Salt and sugar intake should be minimized and control.
- You should avoid cholesterol and saturated fats in your diet.
- Water intake should be 8-9 glass a day.
- Those suffering from Parkinson’s disease should avoid non-veg foods like red meat, chicken etc.
Guys, there are a vast number of option in the treatment of Ayurveda. The best thing about this treatment is; it is affordable by everyone. Give Ayurveda a chance, and see its miracle. So, stay natural live safe!
[Updated On]: 14th May, 2015
We had a problem with my son in law who turned in to 6 years. He was suffered with high fever at 3 years of age and admitted in hospital. later he got fits twice and doctor had given a injection. even next day also he was not awaken and the same doctor asked us to go for MRI scan. after seeing the scan he was advised to join the hospital in ICU child ward as he was in coma due to brain stem damage. after treatment of 15 -20 days he was out of coma but right hand and leg was paralised and right eye ball came to one corner. Even today also he was unable to getup. everything must be taken to his bed only. Will be there any chances to recover or not? kindly provide your advices what to do.
thankign you sir,
It is very sad to hear about your son-in-law, May god cure him the best and the earliest.
Although we have mentioned all important concerns to follow point-wise (15 points).
Again I will insist you to follow strictly few points:
1. Cow’s milk (not buffalo’s milk) with almond
2. Avoid Cauliflower
3. Shilajit and ashwagandha consumption are very important for this disease.
4. If possible make oil as directed in #14 point.
5. Patanjali (Baba Ramdev’s) Ayurveda has one package for muscular dystrophy which you can try for sure. (Strongly recommended) : https://patanjaliayurved.net/allprorevew.php?category=Muscular%20Distrophy%20%26%20Handicapped%20Childeren
Let’s pray for the best.
Thanks for your wonderful article. Gives lot of hopes to people like us. My father is suffering from Parkinson since 5 years, he is completely bed ridden, he cannot walk cannot talk. I received Patanjali’s ayurvedic medicine and very soon going to start treatment. Will strictly follow your advice you have stated above. Do you think there is any chance of recovery. Also can we give allopathy medicine with ayurvedic or need to stop allopathy during this treatment. Please advise.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks Lalit for your appreciation. As an author this is what matters most for us. 🙂
It is sad to hear the news about your father, but have trust in God. Everything will be alright one day. 🙂
Patanjali’s major products are really good and effective. You can try their products.
However, before starting any Ayurveda or alternate medicine treatment, please consult the Ayurveda doctor near your place. Because we can only give generic suggestions but meeting Ayurveda doctor in person helps him to understand the problem in depth and then prescription would be most accurate.
Ayurveda has no side effects except some cases where it depends upon Doshas. Doctors usually suggest to follow only one treatment at a time. But its always better to consult the Ayurveda doctor for more details.
Hope this will help. All the best.
I am suffering of Diabetes I take insulin 65 units but level of dis is 300 I am suffering from Parkinson’s please give me your advice which can help me
Shalini can u suggest any medicine for Paralysis
You can go through the article for the medicines. Apart from that, some of the natural treatments are given below-
1. Grind Akarkara root and mix with oil of Mahua tree. Massaging with the mixture will heal paralysis.
2. One can also lick Akarkara root powder with honey twice a day.
3. Cook mustard oil with camphor; after getting warm use the oil for massaging. It heals the first stage of Paralysis.
I have lower limb weakness for almost one year now.before that I had an injury from house step.I landed on my buttocks 3 times with big impact.I didn’t feel anything.after a month I tried to run and experienced weakness to run.I developed pain later in my left leg and weakness progressed for some time.Now I can’t walk and on wheel chair.
My mothere is diabetic and has cholesterol too. Yesterday she reported that she has pain in her neck and after then she lost her voice.
After checkup doctor said her nerves blocked.
We want to start her ayurveda treatment. Could you please suggest some preliminary treatment which should we start in this case also the as well
Very sorry to hear that. You should go with some yogacises like Simhasana, minor neck exercises and massaging the neck and shoulder regions too. Better consult an Ayurvedic physician nearby your locality. It will help you correlate the exact reason for the deformity.
My father is suffering from Parkinson since last 8 years . He is of 76 years of age . Doctor has prescribed him with 10 tablets of sindopa every day. what should i do . Is there any alternate treatment
My father suffering from paralysis since 4 month and he is now 55 years of age.
and he have right injury and he can’t movement.
kindly advice for the good treatment if possible in your ideas.
Please provide solution me my two year son do not elk sit talk not support their neck
It is very sad to hear about your son! As this is about a very small kid, you should better consult some well-known Ayurvedic physicians, who is specialized in pediatric care. You can also try gentle massage and acupressure techniques. May god bless him and get well soon!
I took baba ramdev’s parkinson package for 2 years, with no effect at all. Waste of money.
Thanks for the wonderful article. My father got diagnosed with Parkinsons at the age of 73 in January 2014. He was bedridden since December 2015. He got diagnosed with a brain stroke in April 2016, Since then his left hand got stiffen and able to move left leg.. but cannot stand. Tried lot of Alopathic treatements. Nothing seems to be working well. His condition is stable since April 2016(In the same condition.. no improvement). He is also suffering with sodium deficiency(which is why we give him high salt diet) and High BP. Just listing down his problems below. We are staying in Hyderabad near BHEL area. Just want to know any Ayurvedic specialist doctor that we can consult in Hyderabad. Otherwise, please suggest us the comprehensive treatement in Ayurveda for his problems.
My father’s details:
-Stroke with a small clot on right side of the brain
– High BP
– Sodium Deficiency( Occurs only sometimes.. right now his sodium levels are normal and in since 2 months his sodium levels are stable with high salt diet)
– Prostate enlargement
– Cervical spondylosis
– High Constipation
– Has history of high urine infections- twice in last one year as he is on foley urinary catheter.
– Syndopa plus ( for parkinsons.3 tabs a day)
– Torq-SR2 (for prostate problem. 2 tabs a day)
– Stamlo -5 mg(for BP. 1 tab at night)
– Atorfit CV -10mg(for clot. 2 tabs a day)
– GABANYT ( For nerve pain. 1/2 tab 2 times a day)
Current physical condition:
Stiff Left shoulder
Left hand movement almost ceased
Lett leg movement is there. But it’s very weak cannot stand on that leg.
His posture bends towards left sometimes and towards right some times. But mostly left side bent
On Foley Urinary catheter since an year. We have been changing his catheter on regular basis. Using silicon catheter.
Dear Ms. Shalini,
I have read your article and I think you can help me as well. I am a 55 year old male and had a stroke last October 2016.
Left part of my body was paralyzed due to this stroke. I have tried 2 ayurvedic centre here in bahrain and failed to regain my strength. Although I can move and work ( I am still working as a secretary)but I would rather have to get back to my old self.
The feeling of my paralyzed body is like, I am tied with an elastic rope that when I move it i controlled and cannot move it freely.
During my treatment, I was being massage with a hot oil, Then a medicine wrapped in a white cloth dipped into hot oil and being dubbed to my body then massage t, the last portion is steaming me for 15 minutes. Additional tablets as well as liquid syrup like medicine is taken before and after meal. It has been like this for the past 4 months but i feel nothing in progress.
I met an Ayurvedic doctor 2 weeks back in her hospital and I was diagnosed by her. She told me to lower my blood pressure before I will start with her treatment so I will be going to the hospital for my blood check up. I hope I can start with her treatment within this week.
But can you help me if you know any better sure treatment of this. I am also considering to see an acupuncture and try if it can make my muscles move again like before.
Hoping to hear from soonest.
My mother has been diagnosed with balance disorder since Jan2017 . Her age is 70. She is diabetic but has controlled since 10years. She has some problems for which if you can suggest some solution..
Unable to get up from bed at times
Unable to turn sides on bed at times
Backward falling while getting up from bed and also while walking.
However my mother can walk and also her facial expressions are pretty ok. She is taking the dose of Syndopa Tablets.
Please advise if she can take Ashwagandha tablets along with syndopa plus tablets , moreover please let me know if Ashwagandha is going to help her strenthening her body inorder to perform her daily activity . Shalini please suggest some helpful tips that can help her getting up from bed and turning sides on bed.
Shree Jit Nair
In Parkinson or Psp diseases sugguest some treatment or can we take ayurvedic medicine and allopathic medicine togather.will it not harmful of both type of medicine.Pls suggest Mam
Parkinson diseases are neural ones. For the complete treatment, you need to visit a neurologist or some Ayurvedic physicians as well. They will assist you medicines and therapies. Talking about allopathic and Ayurvedic, the better you approach for the single one.
Hey, this is really an amazing blog
keep sharing such good quality blog with us