Yogasanas are something which are meant for wholesome development of ones personality. It not only makes you physically fit but also maintains your mental state and spiritual wellness. The health of our entire body depends on the healthiness of our abdomen. The word abdomen includes the entire digestive system which constitutes stomach, liver, spleen, intestines, gall bladder and pancreas.Yogasanas has the capacity to provide complete physical benefits to the person. Our present yogasana majorly deals about the height increasing capacity. Everyone wants to look fit and smart. For a good personality, correct height is the first requirement. Everyone wants to have a good height which makes their body and personality much attractive and best. Here, we will be dealing with a Yogasana called “Sarvangasana”. It has multiple benefits but is mainly concerned about height growth. so, lets move to it.
What is Sarvangasana ?
Sarvangasana is a yogasana which is made from two Sanskrit words which means ‘Sarva‘ or all and ‘Anga‘ or parts. Sarvangasana involves all parts of the body. It is also called ‘stand pose’. The asana strengthens your entire body and tones up your muscles and body making it look fit and strong.
How to perform Sarvangasana?
It is the thing, if any of the yogasana is not performed in right manner, then it can even make the case worst. Following are the steps of Sarvangasana which should be kept in mind while performing Sarvangasana.
- Lie down on your back.
- Keep your feet together, place the hands along the body with the palm touching the ground.
- Inhale and raise the legs upwards to 30 degrees, then 60 degrees and finally 90 degrees.
- Take the help of your hands while lifting the legs. The elbows should rest on the ground and the toes should be joined on the straight.
- Keep your eyes fixed on the toes.
- Starting with about 2 minutes; the duration can be extended slowly up to half an hour.
- Bend the legs slightly backwards before returning to the normal pose.
- Remove both the hands from the back and place them straight on the ground.
Benefits of Sarvangasana:-
- It activates and rejuvenate the thyroid gland.
- It is helpful to cure obesity, weakness, tiredness and insufficient increase in height.
- It strengthens the adrenal glands, testicles and ovaries.
- It is also good for those suffering from Asthma.
- It also makes your abdominal area respire.
- It improves the concentration of mind and activates the brain cells.
- It activates the pancreas thus cures diabetes.
- It reduces excess fat on the stomach.
- It is beneficial in acidity, heart disease, gout and backache.
- It strengthens all the nerves and veins of the back.
Precautions for Sarvangasana:-
Those suffering from following problems should avoid this-
- Slipped discs
- High Blood pressure
- Heart problems
- Middle ear trouble
So, in this way we saw how Sarvangasana can be useful to treat such problems. One should perform it according to the capability. It’s a fact, over-exertion of power can even worsen the case. So, take care and live well!
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.