In our earlier session of ‘pomegranate benefits‘, we talked about 8, pomegranate benefits and some of its details. Today we will be telling you another 20 benefits of pomegranate, which are really outstanding! You won’t believe, that such a common fruit can have this much benefits and medicinal usages.
We generally use pomegranate fruit as juice, raw fruit, dessert item etc. Can anybody say it as a lifesaver remedy! It is simply the natural medicine, which nature provides. Not just the fruit, but the whole plant is enriched with medicinal properties. Now, we shall be talking about pomegranate benefits
Let us see its medicinal usages and benefits.
20 Health benefits of Pomegranate or Pomegranate benefits:
1. Cures Mouth boils-
- Take 25 gm fresh pomegranate leaves and boil them in 400 gm water.
- When water is reduced to 100 ml, use this water for gargle.
- It helps cure the boils in mouth.
2. Good for Ear problems-
- Take 100 ml extract of fresh pomegranate leaves, 400 ml cow urine and 100 ml sesame oil.
- Cook all the three in a low flame.
- When only oil is left, strain and store it.
- Every morning and evening, warm a little amount of this oil and put a few drops in the ears.
- It helps cure problems like pain, itching, dryness and deafness.
3. Cures Throat problems-
- Prepare fine powder of shade dried pomegranate leaves.
- Mix honey or jaggery with it and prepare round tablets.
- Keep tablets in mouth and suck them.
4. Cures Hair baldness–
- Take extract of fresh leaves and mix pulp of 100 gm leaves, along with 1/2 kg mustard oil.
- Medicate the oil.
- Apply this oil on head.
- It cures baldness and controls hair fall.
5. Treats Acne–
- Extract the oil of pomegranate and massage it on the face.
- It cures acne, patches and black spots on face.
6. Good for Headache–
- Rub the bark of pomegranate and apply the paste on forehead.
- It helps cure headache and migraine pain.
7. Aids in Pulmonary Tuberculosis–
- Give 10-20 gm decoction of pomegranate leaves, twice to thrice a day.
- It is beneficial in chest tuberculosis.
- Take 200 gm pomegranate juice and ix 40 gm each of peepal powder, white cumin powder, ginger root powder and cinnamon powder.
- Also mix 10 gm pure saffron and 200 gm old jaggery.
- Mix all of them and cook in a low heat.
- Cook till the mixture gets thick enough to form tablets.
- Add 10 gm cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Prepare tablets of 6 gm each.
- Give 1 tablet twice a day with goat’s milk.
8. Good for wrinkled and loose skin–
- Take 1 kg pomegranate peel and boil it in 4 litre water.
- Boil till the water is reduced to 1 litre.
- Now add 250 gm mustard oil in it.
- If you have almond oil,then better use that.
- Cook till only oil is left.
- Use this oil to massage the body everyday.
- It helps tighten loosened skin, wrinkles disappear and skin glows.
9. Treats Cough-
- Keep the peel of fruit in your mouth and suck the juice.
- It will taste acidic and bitter, it is very good and effective for cough.
10. Helpful in Indigestion–
- Take 10 gm juice of well-ripe pomegranate.
- Mix some roasted cumin seeds and jaggery in it.
- Give this mixture 2-3 times a day.
- It cures Indigestion.
11. Improves disinterest of food-
- Give pomegranate juice along with honey.
- It improves the interest in food and also cures fever.
12. Aids in Diarrhoea-
- Give 2-3 gm powder of fruit’s peel, with water twice a day.
- It is beneficial in curing diarrhoea.
- Or, take 1 gm powder of pomegranate bark with equal amount of nutmeg powder and 250 mg saffron.
- Mix them all and give to the patient with honey.
13. Kills Intestinal worms–
- Take 20 gm each of peel of sour pomegranate and mulberry.
- Boil them in 200 ml water and give this to the patient.
- Or, prepare a decoction of 10 gm root bark and 6 gm each of indrajau and vayabidang.
- Give this decoction to the patient.
- It kills intestinal worms effectively.
14. Controls Vomiting-
- Give 10 ml of lukewarm pomegranate juice, mixed with 5 gm sugar to the patient.
- It controls vomiting, instantly.
15. Treats Piles-
- Grind 8-10 pomegranate leaves and form a cake of it.
- Roast this in hot ghee and tie on the boils due to piles.
- It relieves and treats the boils.
16. Helpful cure for Retention of Urine-
- Mix cardamom seed and ginger root powder in pomegranate juice.
- Give this to the patient.
- Or, take 10 gm each of pomegranate leaves and green caltrops.
- Grind the two in 750 ml of water.
- Strain it and give it to the patient.
17. Helpful in Burning Sensation-
- Take 10-12 pomegranate leaves and make a paste of it.
- Apply this on palms and bottom of toes.
- It helps relieve burning sensation.
18. Treats Pain in nails-
- Take equal quantities of pomegranate flowers, dhamasa and harad.
- Grind them together and fill the paste inside the nails.
- It helps cure fungal infections and pain in nails.
19. Treats Pediatric Malnutrition-
- Take 20-25 gm pomegranate buds; close it in wheat dough and take the extract.
- Give the extract with milk to child regularly.
- It increases appetite and treats malnutrition.
20. Reduces risk of Abortion-
- Take 20 gm fresh pomegranate leaves and grind them in 100 ml water.
- Strain the solution and give to the pregnant woman.
- Also apply the paste of leaves, on the stomach.
- It reduces the risk of pregnancy bleeding, which directly leads to abortion.
Here we saw the 20 health benefits of Pomegranate. Pomegranate benefits is really incredible! You must be amazed of these benefits, isn’t it! If you are also suffering from any of the disorders listed above then must give it a try.
It is really effective, which just needs a try. Share it to all and spread the awareness of natural herbs. Take care and live well!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.