Diseases are something which are disliked by everyone; none of us wants to get even a minor ailment too. The meaning of disease is “dis- lack of; ease- comfort”. Disease is the deranged functioning of the body that results from an infection, heredity, defective diet, environment or mental disturbance.
There can be many factors of diseases, some are like-
- Life style disorders
- Biochemical disorders
- Exogenous chemical disorders
- Degenerative disorders and many more
Here, we will be talking about a breathing disease called ‘Bronchitis’. It is the disorder of respiratory system. So, before moving to this we will first talk about lungs (where bronchitis is actually causes) so that you will be able to understand in a descriptive way.
The lungs are the sponge-type, pinkish-red coloured organs which are present on the either side of chest. It is located within the thoracic cavity. Humans have two lungs; right lung and left lung. As our body is made of millions and millions of cells; brain is made of neurons, kidney is made of nephrons; similarly our lungs contains numerous alveolies which are air-filled sacs meant for soothe respiration.
Human lung is means to absorb air; to inhale oxygen and to exhale carbon dioxide. But, many of us uses it to absorb harmful smokes via cigarettes. Slowly, this cute-coloured organ turns dark; ultimately gets wholly filled with tar!
What is Bronchitis?
Bronchitis refers to an inflammation of the mucus membrane lining the bronchi and bronchial tube within the chest. It is a kind of breathing disorder which affects the respiratory function. In this very disease, the air sacs gets filled with mucus which makes it uncomfortable to breath. Bronchitis may be either acute or chronic; depending upon the symptoms and type even.
Symptoms of Bronchitis:-
In case of both acute and chronic bronchitis; the symptom remains the same just severity differs.
- Production of mucus which can be greyish yellow or green in colour. Sometimes blood can also be with cough.
- Inflammation of trachea, larynx and bronchial tubes.
- High fever
- Loss of Appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Discomfort in chest region etc
Causes of Bronchitis:-
- One of the most common causes of Bronchitis is wrong feeding habits. One who is habituated with refined food stuffs such as white sugar, refined cereals, white-flour products etc results in the collection of toxic waste in the bronchial tube.
- Excessive smoking and passive smoking may also lead to Bronchial disorders.
- Changes in weather and environmental condition matters a lot.
- Other causes of Bronchitis are working or living in smoky or polluted atmospheres.
- Hereditary factors also matters a lot in the rise of such diseases.
Diagnosis of Bronchitis:-
Now you might be thinking; which tests and processes are related to diagnose this disease. Mostly Bronchitis begins with common cold and illness; that time it is difficult to distinguish between the common and the chronic one. But as you see the symptoms growing, you get conscious. Well, as like other diseases; Bronchitis also accompanies with several tests as listed below-
- Chest X-ray
- Blood tests
- Lung function tests
- Text of oxygen levels etc.
So, these were the common things about Bronchitis. Now, we will move towards its Herbal Remedies. We will not be discussing about any other treatment as our topic doesn’t accompanies with this. Here, we will be talking about Ayurvedic measures to cure Bronchitis. Ayurveda is the ancient form of treatment which was discovered approximately 5000 years ago in India only. The ultimatum knowledge was given by Lord Bramha itself. Lord Dhanwatri is also called the ‘Father of Ayurveda’.
Herbal remedies for Bronchitis:-
- In case of acute Bronchitis, the patient should rely upon orange juice, lemon water, grapefruit juice etc and water till the symptoms subside.
- If the patient is not having any kind of allergy then ; all-fruit diet should be performed for 5-7 days.
- A glass of warm water with lemon juice must be taken in early morning; it cleanses the mucus deposits and helps to erase the symptoms.
- The patient should avoid tea, coffee, meats, sugar, pickles, ice-cream, candies and other refined products.
- Patient should follow a balance diet of seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables and fruits. For drinks, warm water, unsweetened lemon water etc can be taken.
- Turmeric is really a great remedy for Bronchitis; the patient should take 2 teaspoon of turmeric with a glass of warm milk twice a day.
- Take dried ginger, black pepper and cloves in equal quantity. Make the fine powder of this and take 1-1 teaspoon thrice a day.
- 1 tablespoon of raw onion juice must be the first thing in morning. It possess expectorant properties that liquefies phlegm and helps a lot in the cases of Bronchitis.
- Fresh air and outdoor exercises are really great in such cases. It provides you inner heat which cures bronchitis in no time.
- Take 1 cup of basil juice, 1 cup of garlic juice, 1 cum ginger juice and 1 cup of lemon juice. Cook them all till it turns to 1 cup; take this 1-1 teaspoon twice a day.
- Amla or Indian gooseberry is very effective to cure Bronchitis; on may take is juice or in the raw form itself.
- Take the bitter gourd’s root and make a paste of it; mix with basil leaf juice. It must be taken 1 teaspoon once a day for effective results.
- The soup prepared from the leaves of Drumstick plant must be given to the patient.
- A teaspoon of fresh mint juice, mixed with two teaspoons of pure malt vinegar and equal quantity of honey is stirred in four ounces of carrot juice and given thrice a day works a lot. It is a medicated tonic for such respiratory disorders.
- Make a syrup using radish juice with honey and little amount of rock salt. It is highly beneficial in the treatment of Bronchitis.
- Make an infusion of fresh spinach leaves with two teaspoons of fenugreek seeds. Mix a pinch of ammonium chloride and honey in it. It is an effective expectorant tonic during the treatment of Bronchitis.
- Make an emulsion of almonds; it is very good for Bronchitis.
- Sesame seeds are very effective in respiratory diseases. Make an infusion of sesame seeds, linseed, a pinch of common salt and a teaspoon of honey. It should be given once at night.
- Powder of dry seeds of sunflower or the decoction is a good remedy for Bronchitis.
- The patient should daily eat 5-7 basil leaves on a daily basis.
So, in this way we saw numerous herbal remedies to cure Bronchitis. Guys, this is a disease which credits lots of money with pains, discomfort and other unwanted things. So, its best to go with nature. It offers you a priceless, easy, well-liked and painless therapy. Take care and live well!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.