Headache disorders are becoming very common problems of the nervous system nowadays. Another form of torturing pain in human brains is Migraine which is unbearably distressing and which could be more severe if not treated well on time. It has various reasons to occur in any person which could be hormonal changes, wrong food & drinks intake, lots of stress or tensions, excess consumption of alcohol & Smoking, frequent change in sleep, over exertion, environmental changes. Before it becomes excruciating, there are some home remedies for it to lower down it effectively.
- Cinnamon – It is a spice which can be added in our daily cooking. Another method of using it is to make a fine powder of few cinnamon sticks ,then add water in it making a smooth paste which can be applied all over forehead. Leave it there for atleast 30 minutes which can be washed out later with lukewarm water. Consuming cinnamon half teaspoon in powder form with lukewarm water empty stomach boosts the immunity and also helps in regulating blood sugar levels.
- Ginger – Ginger is almost available in every home as it is essentially used in cooking. Thus, drinking ginger tea 3 or 4 times a day or chewing a raw and fresh ginger root can help alot in reducing migraines & headache. It balances digestive disorders. It helps in reducing stress, relaxes the brain nerves.
- Ice-pack – Use the ice cubes by wrapping it in a clean towel or a plastic bag, then place it on top of head / forehead / back of neck. Keep repeating it several times for at-least 10 to 15 minutes. Also hot and cold compresses is good to do if essential. It is very easy method to disencumber headache.
- Hydrotherapy – It is another very helpful therapy which can be done while keeping the feet in hot water tub and at the same time placing a cold compress either on head or back of the neck.
- Peppermint – Drinking peppermint tea mixed with honey can help in reducing inflammation.It is a natural analgesic which contains menthol which gives a cooling sensation in human body. Also works as anti-spasm and anti-bacterial.
- Ashwagandha – Also called as winter cherry is another wonderful home remedy for all sort of headaches. It can be taken in powdered form, half tsp. mixed with 1 glass of water on daily basis. It is known to boost entire nervous system.
- Cayenne pepper – Half a spoon of it can be mixed with warm water and honey along with few drops of lemon. It stimulates smooth circulation of blood which contains capsaicin which is a natural pain killer. Removes the headache and doesn’t give any side effects.
- Lavender oil – Inhaling or applying topically lavender oil is very useful remedy in relaxing the headache. It smells great and only 2 or 3 drops can be used by adding them into boiling water and inhaling its vapours.
- Diet – Diet has a major role in our lives. If not taken adequate diet, may cause lot of trouble to our health. Skipping meals or eating in access could cause dysfunction to our digestive system causing mental disturbances, headaches, and disturbed blood pressure and sugar levels. Eating the food rich in nutrients and fibre is excellent for human health. Diet contains fresh fruits and vegetables must be included in our meals. Avoid taking too much fast-food. Also reduce the consumption of alcohol and avoid smoking.
- Sleep – Sleeping for atleast 6 to 8 hours is very essential for good health. It is also mandatory to check for the positions while sleeping to avoid strains on joints and neck. Following the natures routine which means sleeping at time and getting up early in morning not just improves health but keeps a person active in a day.This routine brings peace in our lives and does not let the stress or hypertensions enter into our lives.
- Massage – It is good if someone massages your body while you relax. Massage therapy can be done on hands and feet both sides by pressing it gently allover. Same can be done at back of the neck. Head massage could be very helpfull in relaxing pain.
- Yoga and Meditation – If the headache is increasing day by day then it is time to start yoga exercises in daily routine.The asans such as bajar asan, shav asan, pranayam ( nadi shodhan ) and meditation in sukhasan by holding mahmudra can be very helpfull in curing headaches and migraines.
Life is a gift by god, this gift can be preserved for long time only with good health which can be obtained by living happy and unstressed life and also keeping a check on our daily habits. So never let yourself be careless about health. All the above home remedies are very helpful to relieve from headaches and migraine if correctly followed.
Some of herbal supplements for easy convenience can also be opted well like Detox Tea, Brahmi Capsule, and Ashwagandh Capsule which give excellent results. Herbs take time so have them regularly for couple of days. Stay healthy!