Yogasanas are something in which your body moves in different positions, for several benefits. Today we will be talking about a Yoga pose, which is meant to make your full body flexible. It is Chakrasana.
What is Chakrasana?
Chakrasana also called ‘Wheel pose’. In this asana, your body looks like an up-face bow or a semi-circle. It is very important and helpful to tone-up your body and keep it flexible.
Steps for Chakrasana:
- Lie down on your back and fold the knees. The heels should be near the hips.
- Take both the hands on the back side and keep them at the back of the shoulders.
- It should spread apart, as this will maintain the balance.
- Inhale and raise the hips and chest upwards.
- Slowly try to bring the hands and legs nearer; in a manner by which the body takes the shape of a wheel.
- While leaving the asana, relax the body and rest the waist on the ground.
- Repeat this 3 to 4 times.
Benefits of Chakrasana:
- It makes the spinal cord flexible and stops aging.
- It activates the body, giving energy and increases agility.
- It is very beneficial in hip pain, respiratory diseases and cervical problems.
- It strengthens the muscles of hands and legs.
- In women, it cures problems related to uterus.
Contradictions related to Wheel pose:
- High or low blood pressure patients should better avoid this.
- Those suffering from hernia should strictly avoid this.
- If you are having any kind of spinal problems or back injury then better avoid this.
These are the advanced types of yogasanas, which must be performed under the guidance of a yoga instructor or practitioner. If you feel any kind of imbalance or shivering, then avoid this for some times.
Hope you like the article, share this to all and make everyone disease-free with the magic of Yoga. Take care and live well!