Digestive system is our body system which means the digestion of food in our body. It has several organs which has its own functions. Many times due to some ailments, the system gets disrupted hence causing stoppage or slow and painful processing. There are many remedies and medications available to treat this disorder; but one of the best treatment is called ‘Yogasanas’. One of the best asanas to curb digestive troubles; Pawanmuktasana.
What is Pawanmuktasana?
Pawanmuktasana is also called ‘Gas releasing pose’. It is made from three Hindi/Sanskrit words; Pawan which means ‘Gas or air’, Mukta which means ‘to release’ and Asana which means ‘pose or posture’. It is a very powerful pose at the beginning of the asana practice, which helps entire digestive system and makes asana practice more easy. It is a good way to get id out of stagnant air and toxins which are responsible for the major ailments.
Now, let’s see how to do this asana. Following are the steps for Pawanmuktasana which are mandatory and must be performed.
Steps for Pawanmuktasana:-
- Lie flat on your back and keeping the legs straight and relax breath deeply and rhythmically.
- Inhale slowly and lift the legs and bend in the knee. Bring the bent knee upwards to the chest till your thigh touches to stomach.
- Hug your knees in place and lock your fingers.
- Now, try to touch the knee with your nose tip.
- Ad a fact, the asana not easy in first time but with a regular practice you can do this and becomes quite easier.
- Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds. You can extend it till 1 minute as per your capability.
- Now exhale slowly and come back to the original position that is Shavasana (Lie straight in Corpse pose)
- This is very beneficial for stomach abs.
- Perform this on regular basis and you will notice that the results are very impressive.
- Practice it 3 to 5 cycles each day.
Benefits of Pawanmuktasana:-
Following are the benefits of Pawanmuktasana-
- As discussed, Pawanmuktasana is a good thing to cure digestive troubles like acidity, constipation, heartburnings, diarrhoea and many more.
- It strengthens the back muscles and cures back pain.
- It is a good thing to loose tummy. It gives you flat tummy and a fit body.
- Pawanamuktasana is very beneficial for reproductive organ and for menstruation disorder.
- It reduces fats in the abdominal area, thighs and buttocks.
- For women, it massages the pelvis and strengthens the reproductive system.
So, in this way we saw the details of Pawanmuktasana. It must be performed by everyone and in a regular basis. Take care and live well!
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.