After a long day of work, our body gets hampered. The most hampered parts are Back and the shoulders. They gets filled with pain and feels restless. Now, refresh them with the remedy called ‘Yoga’. Here we will be talking about a Yogasana which is ‘Relieve your Back and Shoulders with Balasana’. It massages your body and erases all kinds of stiffness.
Why Balasana? Many of you must be thinking the mechanism before its working. Have you seen any new-born kid getting harassed due to any major ailments like obesity, body sprains etc. Absolutely no! This asana resembles a neonate in womb. As a baby stays in womb, in same shape the asana is defined. It is very good and best for those working in laptops and computers for a long time.
What is Balasana?
Balasana is also called ‘Child‘s pose‘. It is a Sanskrit which is made of two words, Bala which means ‘child or baby’ and Asana which means ‘pose or posture’. Balasana, also known as child’s pose, is a resting pose practiced in the fetal position. If performed with an open mind, the full-body, gravitational pull of Balasana is sure to induce users with a great sense of physical, mental and emotional relief.
So now let’s move to the steps of Balasana.
Steps for Balasana:-
- To start the asana first sit on knees with buttocks touching on your heels.
- Place your hand on thighs and palms down.
- Maintain the position of thighs as shown in the above image.
- While exhaling slowly bring your chest between your knees and swinging hands forward as shown in the above image.
- Breathe gently and hold the posture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After this inhale slowly and return back to the starting pose.
- Repeat this asana for 3 to 5 times.
Benefits of Balasana:-
Balasana has numerous benefits, which are given as follows;
- It stretches and strengthens the muscle of hips, thighs and ankles.
- It increases the blood circulation and makes it correct which is beneficial to prevent diseases like strokes, heart attacks, paralysis and many more.
- It increases your lung capacity and also recharges its alveoli.
- It helps to take off tiredness and massages the whole body.
- Child pose calms the body, mind and spirit and stimulates the third eye point.
- Child pose gently stretches the low back, massages and tones the abdominal organs, and stimulates digestion and elimination.
Contradictions related to Balasana:-
- Do not practice this asana if you are suffering from knee pain or joint-pain.
- Even in case of any injury to the knee, you are not advised to practice this asana.
- Always remember, while practising any type of yoga asana, you should not go beyond your capacity. It can cause you pain or injury and can have negative effect on your body.
- Don’t give any kind of strain to your body.
- In case of pregnancy, women are not allowed to practice this asana, unless under supervision of a doctor or a qualified yoga teacher. They are not supposed to press their stomach on their knees.
- Those who have undergone recent knee injury should avoid it.
So now you must have known the benefits and importance for Balasana. Being a kid is not only filled with enjoyment but also helps in health promotion. Let’s be a kid again and go with the child’s pose. Yoga is always good for health. Take care and live well.