Table of Contents
Every yoga pose is mend with some benefits in it. Today our topic is on Cow pose also called Bitilasana. It has several benefits, but mostly known to keep your neck and shoulders fit and fine.
Bitilasana and Marjariasana are almost the same ones. They looks same and almost the similar benefits. Let us talk about it.
What is Bitilasana?
Bitilasana also called Cow pose, is a yoga asana in which our body looks like a standing cow. In Sanskrit the Word Bitila means “cow” and the meaning of Asana is Seat, pose or posture.
How to do it:
- Sit on your knees in the kneel down pose.
- Now place your hands on the floor, so that your body looks sitting as a four-feet animal.
- Stretch your buttocks and neck upwards, so that you are seeing above.
- Here your body will be as, abdominal portion getting down, while buttocks and neck facing upwards.
- Stay in the position for sometime and keep inhaling and exhaling.
- Repeat this for 3-4 times or as per your capability.
There are numerous benefits of the pose, which are given as follows.
Benefits of Bitilasana:
- It keeps your neck and shoulders fit, avoiding any kind of strain and pain.
- It keeps your torso erect and fit.
- It gives a gentle massage to your spine, belly and internal organs, toning them and keeping them fit.
- It is very good for a fit and stamina-rich body.
- It helps to increase the blood circulation throughout your body.
Contradictions for Bitilasna:
- If you are having any sort of neck injury then better avoid this pose.
- If suffering from dyspepsia or indigestion related problems, you should not do this.
- In the 3rd trimester of pregnancy, this yogasana is not safe and should be avoided.
The advance pose of ‘Cow pose‘ is called ‘Marjariasana’ or Cat pose. In this way we saw the description of Cow pose.
Hope you like the article. Share it to all and do share your experiences with us. Yoga is the way for a wholesome developed and healthy life. Take care and live well!