What are Yoga asanas? What is the logic behind its benefits and curative properties? How such simple stretches and breathing processes results miraculously? These types of questions must be arising in your mind, when somebody tells you about Yoga.. As a fact, these yoga and asanas are the direct derivations of almighty God. These are the parts of Ayurveda, which was directly passed by Lord Brahma. Here, we will talking about a yogasana which depicts the posture of Lord Shiva. It is called “Natarajasana”.
What is Natarajasana?
Nataraja; it is one of the names of Lord Shiva. By this name, the dancing posture of Lord Shiva is depicted. Natarajasana is made of two words; Nataraja means Lord Shiva and Asana means pose or posture. Thoroughly, it is the asana in which our body looks like the dancing pose of Lord Shiva. This posture is dedicated to Lord Shiva, the Master of time, cosmic rhythm of life and the source of Yoga. Lord Shiva is also known as the ‘God of Dance’. Now, let’s see how to do this asana and its health benefits.
Steps for Natarajasana:-
- Stand in the tree pose or the tadasana.
- As you inhale, shift your weight to the left foot and lift your right heel towards your buttock.
- Put additional pressure on the straight left leg, thigh, hip and knee to ensure your legs are properly balanced.
- Now reach your right hand behind the raised leg and grasp the right ankle.
- Lift your hip and pubic area accordingly to avoid additional strain.
- With the help of your right hand, pull your right leg further up and extend your left hand in front of you.
- Stay in this pose 20-30 seconds and slowly come back to your starting position.
- If you are convenient with the pose, then must repeat this with another leg.
Benefits of Natarajasana:-
Natarajasana is highly beneficial and is filled with health benefits. Following are some of its benefits-
- This pose is beneficial to improve concentration and also balances the equilibrium.
- It improves the posture and the regular practice gifts you a fit and healthy body.
- It is hip-opener. Its regular practice corrects the disorders related to buttocks.
- It releases stress and calms your mind.
- It helps to reduce weight and curbs obesity.
- It rectifies your groin, thighs and abdominal organs.
- It strengthens chest, thighs and ankles.
- It improves the flexibility of your body easily.
Contradictions and Precautions related to Natarajasana:-
- Those suffering from low blood pressure should not go with this.
- It should be practised under the expert guidance.
- One must go through a doctor before performing such asanas. May be it is not meant for you or can hazard in any type.
- Over-stretching is not allowed; it can cause some sprains or minor injuries even.
One should perform the asana with great dedication and hope. Think that you are performing the dance steps of Lord Shiva; and the courage will develop spiritually. So, take care and live well.