Table of Contents
What are Yoga asanas? What is the logic behind its benefits and curative properties? How such simple stretches and breathing processes results miraculously? These types of questions must be arising in your mind, when somebody tells you about Yoga.. As a fact, these yoga and asanas are the direct derivations of almighty God. These are the parts of Ayurveda, which was directly passed by Lord Brahma. Here, we will talking about a yogasana which depicts the posture of Lord Shiva. It is called “Natarajasana”.
What is Natarajasana?
Nataraja; it is one of the names of Lord Shiva. By this name, the dancing posture of Lord Shiva is depicted. Natarajasana is made of two words; Nataraja means Lord Shiva and Asana means pose or posture. Thoroughly, it is the asana in which our body looks like the dancing pose of Lord Shiva. This posture is dedicated to Lord Shiva, the Master of time, cosmic rhythm of life and the source of Yoga. Lord Shiva is also known as the ‘God of Dance’. Now, let’s see how to do this asana and its health benefits.
Steps for Natarajasana:-
- Stand in the tree pose or the tadasana.
- As you inhale, shift your weight to the left foot and lift your right heel towards your buttock.
- Put additional pressure on the straight left leg, thigh, hip and knee to ensure your legs are properly balanced.
- Now reach your right hand behind the raised leg and grasp the right ankle.
- Lift your hip and pubic area accordingly to avoid additional strain.
- With the help of your right hand, pull your right leg further up and extend your left hand in front of you.
- Stay in this pose 20-30 seconds and slowly come back to your starting position.
- If you are convenient with the pose, then must repeat this with another leg.
It is highly beneficial and is filled with health benefits. Following are some of its benefits-
- Improved Concentration and Equilibrium: Practicing the Triangle Pose requires focus and balance. As you maintain the pose, you engage your muscles and mind, enhancing your concentration. The act of finding stability in this pose can also help improve your sense of equilibrium and spatial awareness.
- Enhanced Posture: Regular practice of the Triangle Pose helps strengthen the muscles of your back, core, and legs. As these muscles become stronger, your overall posture improves. Proper alignment in this pose translates to better posture in daily activities, reducing the strain on your spine and promoting a healthy alignment of the body.
- Hip Opener: The Triangle Pose involves a lateral stretch and a hip-opening movement. Consistent practice of this pose can alleviate tension in the hip area, increase hip flexibility, and relieve discomfort associated with tight hip muscles. It can also be particularly beneficial for individuals who spend long hours sitting.
- Stress Release and Mind Calming: The practice of yoga, including poses like the Triangle Pose, often incorporates deep and mindful breathing. This deep breathing technique helps activate the parasympathetic nervous system, leading to relaxation and a reduction in stress levels. The meditative aspect of yoga also contributes to a calm and focused mind.
- Weight Management: Engaging in yoga poses like the Triangle Pose can contribute to weight management and weight loss efforts. While it might not burn calories as intensely as cardiovascular exercises, yoga helps regulate the endocrine system, including hormones that influence appetite and metabolism. Over time, consistent practice can support weight loss and prevent weight gain.
- Groin, Thigh, and Abdominal Health: The Triangle Pose involves stretching and engaging muscles in the groin, thighs, and abdominal region. This helps to improve blood circulation in these areas, enhancing the health of the muscles and the surrounding organs. Regular practice can aid in relieving tension and discomfort in the groin and abdominal regions.
- Strength Building: The pose engages various muscle groups, including the chest, thighs, and ankles. As you hold the pose, these muscles are isometrically contracted, leading to gradual strengthening over time. This can contribute to overall body strength and stability.
- Improved Flexibility: The Triangle Pose involves lateral stretching, which enhances the flexibility of the spine, hips, and hamstrings. With consistent practice, you’ll notice increased range of motion in these areas, making everyday movements easier and more comfortable.
Contradictions and Precautions :-
- Those suffering from low blood pressure should not go with this.
- It should be practised under the expert guidance.
- One must go through a doctor before performing such asanas. May be it is not meant for you or can hazard in any type.
- Over-stretching is not allowed; it can cause some sprains or minor injuries even.
One should perform the asana with great dedication and hope. Think that you are performing the dance steps of Lord Shiva; and the courage will develop spiritually. So, take care and live well.
p style=”text-align: justify;”>