Pranayama is the technique by which positive energy enters your soul by kicking out negative energies out. It is the universal cure which helps to cure almost all the ailments. If some Pranayama steps are done with full curiosity and dedication; then as a fact, even the chronic disease gets cured well. Earlier i.e., 3-5 years back when Ayurveda was somehow like diminished; people were scared of diseases like leucoderma, cancer. scleroderma, glaucoma and many more. But now, all the diseases ae getting cured with the practice of Pranayama.
Today, our concerned topic on Pranayama will be ‘Bhramari Pranayama’. This is one of the best form of Pranayama and works really well. It is mainly meant for disturbed minded and anxious people. Well, we will be talking about all these in the following paragraphs.
What is Bhramari Pranayama?
It is also called ‘Humming bee pranayama’. In this very exercise, a different kind of sound will come from your mouth; resembling those of bee humming. Bhramari means black bee or Indian bee which makes the sound. The name of this Pranayama has been dedicated to the humming voice itself. Now, we will discuss, how to do this Pranayama.
Steps for Bhramari Pranayama:-
- Sit straight in the Padmasana or Sukhasana and press your ear point with your thumb.
- Place your index fingers on the forehead and with the remaining fingers close your eyes.
- Start inhaling through both the nostril deeply and slowly.
- By keeping mouth close, exhale by making a humming sound bee like “hmmmm”. While making humming sound say ‘Om’ in soft humming sound.
- Feel your body releases impurity from your body and experiencing positive energy.Practice this 11 to 21 times daily. But do not overload and take a break when required.
- This can be practised any time but if you feel stressed or fatigued this will help you.
Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama:-
As discussed, bhramari pranayama is highly beneficial and a very good thing for health. It is described and advised in almost all the health cases and for recovery. Following we will be discussing about the health benefits of Bhramari pranayama-
- With the regular practice, it soothes your mind and aids in stress management.
- Due to humming sound concentration of the mind is also facilitated. It has a positive effect on whole mind and body and particularly on nervous system.
- If Bhramari is practised regularly during pregnancy it facilitates easy and trouble-free childbirth.
- It reduces cerebral tensions, anger, anxiety, insomnia, blood pressure is also normalized with this.
- The chanting of ‘Om’ develops a feeling of positivity and spiritualism in your soul.
- Gives relief if you’re feeling hot or have a slight headache.
- Helps mitigate migraine pains.
So, these were the benefits of Bhramari pranayama. As everything has two aspects, positive and negative; similarly this pranayama also has some contradictions and precautions to be taken in this. Following are the contradictions and precautionary measures for Bhramari pranayama.
Contradictions and Precautions of Bhramari pranayama:-
- Ensure that you are not putting your finger inside the ear but on the cartilage.
- Don’t press the cartilage too hard. Gently press and release with the finger.
- The only pre-requisite is that this pranayama should be done on empty stomach.
If you feel dizzy while practicing, stop the exercise and start normal breathing.
Consult a doctor if you are suffering from any ear problem or and medical ailments before doing Bhramari Pranayama.
One should maintain the gap of 5 hours between your meal or lunch. It is better to practice in the morning in fresh air.
- One suffering from heart problems; should not hold their breath for longer time.
So, this was Bhramari pranayama and its detailed information. It is very beneficial. As you believe in God without any demands or complaints; similarly go with this regularly without any willing. You will notice the results yourself. Take care and live well!
My Yoga teacher always instruct to perform Bhramari Pranayama. This explains why she insisted us to do so, Thanks for sharing.