Hey guys, today we are here with a yoga pose, which mostly deals to combat diabetes and backache. It is quite easy to perform and one of the eligible asanas. It is called Ardha Matsyendrasana.
What is Ardh Matsyendrasana?
The name of this yoga pose, is made of three words; Ardha = half; Matsyendra = king of the fish matsya = fish and asana= pose. Thus it is the fish pose of king size!
English name– Half Spinal twist pose
How to do this?
Follow the instructions given below and do the same.
- Sit in Dandasana pose and fold the left leg.
- Place the ankle near the hip.
- Place the right leg towards the outside of the left knee on the ground.
- Keeping the left hand straight, while taking it near the outside of the right knee and hold the right toe.
- Fold the right hand behind the back and look backwards.
- The same should be repeated in the alternate position from the other side also.
Benefits of Ardha Matsyendrasana:
- It is a very beneficial in diabetes and headache.
- It regulates the blood circulation in all the nerves and veins, situated around the spine.
- It cures the stomach disorders and also strengthens the intestines.
- It opens the chest and enhance the oxygen flow.
Contradictions for Ardha Matsyendrasana-
- This pose should be avoided during pregnancy and menstruation, as it stretches the abdomen.
- People undergone with Heart, abdominal or brain surgeries should not practice this asana.
- Those suffering from peptic ulcer and hernia should better avoid this.
- Those with severe spinal problems should avoid this.
How to begin the asana?
In the starting of asana, one should stay in the pose just for two minutes. It should be increased as per your comfort and eligibility.
This was the description of Ardha Matsyendrasana. Practice it under the supervision of trainer or yoga expert. Do share it to all and share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!