The healing comes from the nature and not from the physician. Therefore, the physician must start from nature with an open mind. People nowadays are turning to holistic herbal healing and abandoning the harmful chemicals. Herbalism is getting very popular and herbalism is using plants for healing purposes. And Mike Adams, the Health Ranger once said; “Of all the herbs I’ve ever studied and I’ve written thousands of articles on nutrition and disease prevention—Aloe Vera is the most impressive herb of them all.Here are the Top 10 Health Benefits of Aloe Vera are mention below.
What Is Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera is a stem less herb that looks like a chisel as it has tiny thorns on the margins. It has thick long leaves which when cut exude a thick gel like substance which when applied to the skin surface promotes healing. The viscous yellow fluid shouldn’t be used as it is poisonous. It is heavy in digestion, unctuous, sticky, pungent, cooling and bitter. It is dry, sour and warm. It acts as a purgative and beneficial for eyes, a rejuvenator. It also helps in treating Pitta, blood and skin ailments. This herb is miraculous because of its healing properties. Aloe Vera gel is filled with vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C and E and minerals like copper, iron, sodium, potassium, zinc, magnesium
Improves Skin Health:
- Aloe Vera is commonly used in skin care regimes and products. It helps in moisturizing, hydrating and nourishing the skin. It promotes faster healing of the skin. Aloe Vera can be used to treat burns at the epithelial layer of the skin which is a layer of cells that cover your body. It also contains anti-oxidants that work wonders for your skin. It helps in enhancing the complexion. Aloe Vera gel can be applied on the skin surface every night to get flawless glowing skin. It helps in alleviating stretch marks, prevents signs of aging, helps in lightening scars and softens the skin.
- Aloe Vera has a substance known as proteolytic enzymes which removes the dead skin and repairs cells on the scalp. It promotes hair growth and helps in balancing the pH of the scalp. Aloe Vera can be applied directly to the hair as it also acts as an amazing hair conditioner. Aloe Vera cleanses the scalp and helps in getting rid of dandruff and itchy scalp. It leaves the hair soft and smooth and also soothes any frizz.
- Aloe Vera is rich in fiber that helps in improving digestion and regulating the bowel movements. As it is a natural laxative it helps in getting rid of constipation. But excessive use of Aloe Vera internally can cause diarrhea. Therefore, it can be used in the form of juice or capsule. Its latex is harsh on kidneys. Its capsules can cause cramps so you might need a pacifying herb like turmeric to keep these ill effects away.
- This herb can be used to ease inflamed joints and decrease arthritic pains. Aloe Vera juice can also be consumed to reduce inflammation in the entire body. Researchers said that people who consumed Aloe Vera juice for a fortnight experienced a noticeable decrease in inflammation. It also aids in curing Ulcerative Colitis as it has potent anti-inflammatory properties.
- Aloe Vera consists of enzymes that break down the proteins that are consumed by us into amino acids and turn them into fuel for all the cells which helps the cells to function properly. It aids in keeping diseases at bay and protects the functioning of the cell membranes. It stimulates the immune system and also rejuvenates it. Unadulterated Aloe Vera products or Fresh plant are potent enough to build a healthy immune system allowing the body to heal on its own. The micronutrients present in Aloe Vera act as an immunity booster as well.
- This herb acts as a detoxifier if taken internally. Getting rid of the toxins also helps in losing weight. Drinking its juice not only aids in weight loss but also regulates metabolism and digestion. It is said that when your metabolic rate is regulated it helps to stabilize and alleviate your body mass index. It helps in increasing the energy level and helps in maintaining a healthy body weight.
- This herb is very useful in maintaining oral health as it has amazing antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It is fully loaded with vitamins and minerals that improve the cell growth and heal mouth ulcers and gum ailments. Massaging your gums with Aloe Vera gel eases a gum disorder. Drinking its juice on a daily basis helps in promoting healthy, shiny and stronger teeth.
- Aloe Vera is a natural healer and it is said that consuming this miraculous plant can help in reducing production of cholesterol. It helps in solving many health issues.
- Aloe Vera plant comes in so handy when you need immediate relief from any sort of discomfort. It consists of anti- inflammatory properties which help in calming the inflamed area and loosen the hardened stool which as a result makes it easier to pass out the fecal matter. Aloe Vera has an ingredient called Anthraquinones which as a stimulator in contracting the walls of the digestive tract.
Reduces risk of cancer:
- As Aloe Vera acts as an immunity booster, it enhances immunity and also has anti-cancerous properties. Researchers say that with time it can decrease the size of the tumor and escalate the life expectancy. But it should be used with caution as its latex is unsafe and it can cause gastrointestinal ailments if consumed in a large amount.