Rosemary herb is one of the best known, medicinal plants to human. It has several properties, which heals many diseases. Today we will be discussing about Rosemary infused oil, for treating digestion and as a natural painkiller. It is very easy to prepare and results are just awesome.
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is a fragrant evergreen herb native to the Mediterranean. It is used as a culinary condiment, to make bodily perfumes, and for its potential health benefits. Rosemary is a member of the mint family Lamiaceae along with many other herbs, such as oregano, thyme, basil, and lavender.
The name rosemary derives from the Latin ros meaning “dew” and marinus meaning “sea” – “sea dew.” Rosemary was traditionally used to help alleviate muscle pain, improve memory, boost the immune and circulatory system, and promote hair growth.
Properties of Rosemary:
Rosemary Infused oil:
- rosemary springs
- extra virgin olive oil
- Mason Jar
Methods of preparation-
- Fill your Mason jar with enough fresh rosemary.
- Pack the clean Mason jar with the clean dry rosemary.
- Put olive oil and secure the lid on the jar.
- The jar should stay on a sunny place next to the window for about a month.
- After a month strain over a bowl.
- The finished rosemary infused oil should be put in a glass container.
- The oil is ready to be used.
- Just make sure you keep it in a cool dark place.
How to use it?
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.