Small babies are the biggest fussy eaters! It’s very tough to feed them vegetables and such. Hey guys, this post is for the mothers of 12 months+ babies. We will be telling about Mixed vegetable puree, which can be said as the complete bowl of nutrition. Let’s see this.
Things to know before using the vegetable puree:
Although it has so many nutrients, still you should keep some of the points in mind before using this.
- During winters, try to serve this hot as all the vegetables have a water content which can cause a cough or cold.
- Try to give this as a whole meal in lunch, avoiding as breakfast.
- You can use vegetables as per your choice and availability, such as pumpkin, carrots, beets, peas, sweet potato etc.
- During winters you can add a teaspoon of ajwain powder, to make it a healthy winter soup.
Ingredients for Mixed vegetable puree:
- Chopped bottle gourd
- Chopped beetroot
- Chopped carrots
- Chopped Sweet potato
- Water as per needed
- Rock salt- 1 teaspoon
- Ajwain/cumin powder- 1 teaspoon
How to make this vegetable puree?
- Take a pressure cooker and put all the vegetables, salt and water in it.
- Make sure to use a minimum amount of water, as we will not be throwing the water.
- Use the number and quantity of vegetables as per you need the puree.
- Pressure cook it for 2 whistles or for 10 minutes in a low flame.
- After it gets cool, blend the thing using a hand blender or grinder to make a fine paste.
- For bigger kids, you can also mash it using the back of the fork.
Here you go with your vegetable puree. Its ready within a few minutes, and is a healthy option for little mischiefs. Serve it warm.
Self-experience about baby diet and fussy eating:
Being a mother of one, I too faced so many troubles to feed my young one, especially after 12 months of age. At this age, they get choosy in taste and appearance of the food. As a good parent, we should never force the child to have the food, whenever they are hungry they will simply ask you or will let you know in their cute baby language.
However, if they are dramatic and simply acting then you can feed, if their tummies are not full or didn’t have anything since from a long time.
I too used this mixed vegetable puree, as it accompanies different kinds of vegetables; offering them all the nutrients like beta-carotene, fibers, vitamins, minerals, iron, potassium etc.
It can be said as the complete bowl of nutrition, as it holds all the essential nutrients in it. Now let us know one by one what these vegetables will offer to your kids.
The goodness of vegetables as the puree:
Many will say after cooking vegetables will lose its nutrients! But in this case, you should not worry about this thing. As you saw, we used a very little amount of water and the vegetables like gourd itself have 80% water in it.
So all the nutrients are intact in our mixed vegetable puree. Now we will be telling the benefits of each vegetable as the ingredient in our puree.
- Bottle gourd is rich in fibers, Vitamin B3, B6, B5, B12, folate, calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, manganese and magnesium. In addition, it also soothes baby’s digestion making it easy and light.
- Beetroot is rich in Iron and other nutrition which is another best choice as the baby food. It helps to combat anemia and other deficiencies.
- Carrot is rich in beta-carotene and other, and the best weaning food for baby. We can also use it in khichdi, juice and many other forms.
- Sweet potato is heavy yet lighter food for baby. It is also a good ingredient which can be given to babies.
- Ajwain can be used during winters, as it helps to prevent and cure seasonal issues like a cough, cold, nasal congestion etc.
So what’s your suggestion about this mixed vegetable puree. It is no doubt a healthy food, which is suitable for baby above 8 months of age.
If your baby has an allergy with any of the ingredients, then seek your pediatrician advice first. Hope you find the post useful. Share it to all and do share your comments with us. Take care and live well!