Table of Contents
Moringa also called the Drumstick plant is full of health benefits. Each and every part of the plant has its own medicinal properties, which is just incredible! Today we will be telling you the 5 medicinal benefits of the Moringa plant.
Moringa is known as a ‘superfood’ due to its nutritious profile and powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and tissue-protective properties. The plant looks simpler, but its benefits are out of words.
Where Moringa leaves can be found?
Moringa plants can be easily found everywhere; on street sides, at backyards, gardens, etc. The leaves are smaller in size, with leaf green in color. The plant bears white flowers, which develop into fruits called ‘drumsticks’.
Uses of Moringa:
- Moringa plant is used in various ways, the leaves are used as curry and also prepared with dal.
- The flowers and the fruits are a staple vegetable, which tastes good and is best for health.
- The roots of the plant is enriched with medicinal properties, and used in certain herbal medicines.
- The leaves are also prepared as boiled soup, which is very good for health.
- Drumsticks; the fruit of moringa plant is a key ingredient used to prepare South Indian gravy dish, called Sambar.
Botanical name- Moringa oleifera
Now we shall be moving to our concerned point, which is the health benefits of the moringa plant. I’m sure, after reading the article you will be surprised by its benefits and your eyes will grow bigger and bigger.
Health benefits of Moringa plant:
1. Aids in Diabetes control
The leaves of moringa, especially the tender ones are a kind of miracle for diabetics. It reduces and balances glucose levels in the body, thus preventing diabetes.
It also protects against any further damage, caused due to growing diabetes.
2. Richness in Iron
The matured leaves of moringa are very useful for blood formation and abiding free radicals in the body. Being rich in minerals like iron, copper, zinc, etc; it is very useful for those suffering from anemia and blood loss problems.
You just need to make a soup of the leaves and drink on a regular basis. It is a very good treatment.
3. For Flawless and beautiful skin
Including moringa flowers, fruits, and leaves in your diet; will automatically result in smooth, plump, and flawless skin. Being antibacterial and antimicrobial in nature, it cleanses the inner layer of skin which leaves your outer tone glowing and flawless.
One can also make a pack of its leaves, and apply twice a week.
4. Improves Digestive health
Are you also a victim of digestive disorders? Then here’s the best medicine. Moringa is rich in soluble fibers and very fewer in calories, making it a superfood.
Intake of this also detoxifies your body, evenly cleansing heavy deposition of metals in the body. Thus anyone suffering from problems like constipation, diarrhea, IBS, kidney disorders must take this as a daily diet.
5. Good for growing children
Moringa is rich in antioxidants, protein, calcium, beta-carotene, vitamin C, potassium, and other nutrients. A growing child must get the intake of moringa. Either its leaves or drumsticks must be included in the diet.
It makes a complete meal, ensuring the proper growth of children.
These were the medicinal benefits of the moringa plant. You were seeing this plant around you always, but not aware of its benefits. Now, the remedy is here. Use it to the fullest and make your and your family’s life, healthy and happy.
Hope you like the post. Share it with all and don’t forget to leave a comment here. Take care and live well!
Read More :
- 5 Amazing health benefits of Lychee you must know about
- Himachal Health tourism – Panchakarma to detoxify the body.
- 5 Medicinal benefits of Sheesham tree you must know about
- How to get rid of Hernia – Brief overview
- 4 Refreshing Diabetic Drinks to quench Thirst and Dryness
- Dengue Fever Treatment-Management in Ayurveda
- Why one should swallow tulsi leaves instead of chewing
- Health Indicators to Help You Track Your Weight Loss
- How to Reverse Diabetes Naturally-Home Remedies for Diabetes
- Why A Healthy BMI Might Not Mean A Healthy Weight
- 5 Ways how to use Mango peels for Health Promotion