2-3 year is the age when the toddler is a fussy eater! 9 out of 10 parents has the issue that their developing toddler is not eating well. Today we have some of the tasty and healthy food ideas for your 2-3 year toddlers.
When a baby enters his toddlerhood, a lot of changes are there including the fooding habits and taste as well. They become a picky eater and eventually starts choosing food of their own taste and likes.
Picky Eating of a toddler:
Now when a kid starts developing several habits, taste buds; they like to eat the food that they want, doesn’t matter it is healthy or unhealthy.
In the present era, food ideas of a toddler are mostly chips, biscuits, wafers, chocolates and all such. These are rich in taste thus a lot liked by developing kids. Sometimes they even become stubborn to have these as the food ideas.
Today we will be telling what should be actual diet plan and food ideas of a kid between 2-3 year of age.
Many parents say kids are becoming rebel when we are offering some healthy and new food to them. The straight and simple answer to them is-
“Of course they will be a rebel! If you start something new to the developing kid, of course, they will fight and be a rebel; if you continue that new thing for about 7 days in a wise manner, they will get habituated and will slowly accept the change, which was actually good for their health only.”
Food ideas for 2-3-year-old toddlers:
A parent should always find their kids unique. You should simply not stick the hard and fast rule of diet to your kids. Every kid is different, and so their eating habits and food ideas. You work as per your kid’s concern and habits.
- Oatmeal with nuts and raisins
- Or Mixed veg Poha
- Idlis with scrambled egg or omelet
- Multigrain toast with jam and butter
- Plain dosa with coconut chutney
- Ragi cheela
- Banana with yogurt
- A Kiwifruit or any other fruit like apple, pear, pomegranate, papaya etc
- A small glass of coconut water
- Moong dal dosa or cheela
- Dal, Rice and curry
- Dal, Rice with fried chicken or semi-spiced chicken curry
- Fish fry and rice with some dal
- Fried rice with chicken and a cup of yogurt
- Vegetable fried rice with a cup of cooked lentils
- Yogurt for sure
- Wheat pancakes
- Fried poha or puffed rice
- Fried paneer
- Sweetcorn chat
- A glass of milk with some nuts
- Sabudana kheer
- Toasted bread
- Boiled egg with some vegetables
- Gobi Paratha tossed with butter
- Roti with stir-fried curry like beetroot, carrot, potato or dry curry
- Mixed veg noodles (wheat)
- Ragi chapattis with fried chicken
- Aaloo paratha with sweet chutney
- A glass of milk with few drops of honey/almond drops before going to bed
This was an ideal food chart of a developing toddler.
- As we said earlier, you should not be very hard and fast to the food ideas of the kids. Choose everything as per your kid’s taste, interest and as per their dietary habits.
- During winters give them warm ajwain water instead of normal water. You can also give tulsi decoction once in a week for the prevention.
- Between these meals you can also give them small portions of food or snacks, this will actually promote their overall growth.
- Some juices, energy bars etc can also be offered sometimes.
- To make kids attracted towards food you can also use creative dinner sets and their favorite cartoon character plates and spoons.
As a parernt you know better about your child, far better than any other expert or doctor. It’s your duty how to choose everything correctly for your baby.
Hope you found the post useful. In any question or queries, do reply in our comment box. Share the post to all the social media and your relatives.
Take care and stay well!
Read More :
- Steaming vs Boiling; Are you cooking your baby’ food in the right way?
- Things to know about Contagious Disease- Chicken Pox
- Indian diet plan for 6-8 months baby : Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian
- 4 Strategies to remain Fit During the Holiday Season
- Mixed Vegetable Puree: A complete bowl of nutrition for Fussy eaters
- 5 Easy ways to treat Stomach Gas and Acidity in Babies
- 5 Health benefits of Cheese which should be known to all
- 5 Health Benefits of Black Gram and its curative properties
- 7 Health benefits of Apricot fruit you must know about
- Pica Disorder: Meaning, Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.