When the baby is in the womb, he is free from diseases; because he is in the safest and the most comfortable zone which is accurate for his health But after entering to the world, sometimes he gets affected by health issues. Among these, fever is very common. Today we will be telling about some of the ways in which you can cure infant fever at home.
Newborn babies lack immunity and are easily affected by changing the environment and outer world. This is the question of many parents, that how to cure fever in infants without any medicine. When the baby totally relies on breastfeeding, he/she cannot be offered other medicines so in such case, home treatment should be promoted.
Reasons for Fever in Infants:
There can be a lot of reasons for fever in infants. Some of them are given below-
- Due to viral infection
- Blood bacterial infections
- Heavy crying too can lead to fevers
- Overheat or wearing heavy clothes, tending them to increase in temperature and many more.
Symptoms of a sick baby:
- Yellow discoloration of palms and soles
- Choking or poor reaction during feeds
- Excess irritability
- Persistent vomiting etc
Home Treatment for Fever in Infants:
It is a very effective treatment which can bring the fever down in infants as well as kids. Giving a sponge bath decreases body temperature, by using some heat of the body.
For this take out all the clothes of the baby and give him/her gentle sponging with little warm water. Make sure the water is not too hot or cold.
Give 2-3 times sponging then wipe with a soft towel. It will instantly cure the fever. Use thin cotton clothes avoiding diapers during fevers.
2. Adequate fluid intake-
When the infant is sick, he/she needs enough fluids to stay hydrated. Dehydration may cause over-irritability and worsen the condition. Correct fluid intake combat their high body temperature from the inside out.
3. Oil Massage–
When the baby is feverish, you should go with oil massage. Choose the oil as per the weather and your environmental temperature. Give 3-4 times prompt massage, it will make the baby comfortable easily curing the fever.
4. Damp cloth on the forehead-
It can be used both in infants and adults. Soak a soft cloth in water, remove excess water and put the cloth on the infant’s head.
Repeat this for 4-5 times, it will cure in fever in infant easily.
When to look for a doctor in Infant fever?
After using all such home tricks and remedies, still, if the baby’s temperature is not decreasing then without delay you should look for a doctor. If the baby is below 3 months and is erupting very high fever, then must for with the doctor consultation.
If the fever is due to vaccination, you need not worry if lasts for 1-2 days. For such the doctor even give medication to reduce the fever.
Tips for New parents-
- Getting frightening is common when such a small infant gets sick. However, don’t get panic and use the home remedies just after the onset.
- If the fever is getting high, without any delay visit to the pediatrician and ask for any medicine if required.
- If fever is coming after long intervals, then there is no need to worry. It can be the body’s system to fight foreign substances.
- When the body is fighting free radicals it gets inflamed and temperature increases, which e generally call ‘fever’.
Hope this post was useful and knowledgeable. Share it to all and do share your comments with us.
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.