Thousands of people die every year, just because of a simple habit of, drinking alcohol or alcoholism. This is a very simple habit, but the long-term intake gets very fatal, that can even lead to death. It is an addiction, which makes us feel as it is only our life saver. Today we will be telling you about alcoholism and how to remove this bad habit.
What is Alcoholism?
Alcoholism refers to addiction to alcohol. It is a chronic disorder, in which a person is unable to refrain from frequent and excessive consumption of alcohol, for physical and psychological reasons. According to World Health Organisation, alcoholism itself comes under as, one of three most deadly killer of 20th century.
Addiction of anything is very bad, many people gets addicted of eating chalk (pica), smoking, tobacco and many other. As a fact, all these things directly or indirectly leads to devastation of lives and poverty.
How alcohol depletes our body?
Alcohol is not a product found in nature. It is made from the decomposition and such things belong to a family of poisons.
- Ethyl alcohol, the main intoxicating ingredient in wine, beer and liquor, harasses the brain and nervous system.
- It is quickly absorbed in bloodstream and travels to every part of the body, adversely affecting vital organs like brain and liver.
- Mental disturbance
- Puffy face
- Bloodshot eyes
- Hoarse voice
- Frequent convulsions
Alcoholism as social stigma:
Alcoholism is also one of the most serious social problems. It often brings poverty and certain amount of crime, and results in marital unhappiness and broken homes. It also leads to numerous traffic accidents.
Alcoholism is not a disease, but can lead to numerous life-threatening diseases. Now, what is the solution for this? How to treat such an addictive nature. Following we are giving some of the tips and tricks to get rid of alcoholism.
- Avoid refined foods such as sugar, white rice, white flour and meat products. Doing this, will remove your addictive nature.
- The patient should rely on a strict diet of juices, salads and low-carb diet. It should be for 10 days, after that you will notice that you are self able to leave alcohol.
- Apples are considered valuable in the treatment of alcoholism. It reduces intoxication and reduces the craving for wines.
- Plenty of rest and outdoor exercise are very necessary for the treatment itself.
- The raw celery juice is also considered useful. It has a sobering effect and is an antidote to alcohol.
- Yogic asanas like bhujangasan, halasana, shalabhasana, padmasana, vajrasana etc are very good for the cure.
- One should drink a lot of water, in order to relief the craving of wine.
- Smoking and tobacco too should also be avoided, in order to cure alcoholism.
By the above post, you must have got the tricks how to control and cure the wrong habit of alcohol. It is not a bit good for anyone, in any case. If you too are suffering from the same problem then it is the high time to avoid it.
Hope you like the article. Share it to everyone and spread the awareness. Take care and live well!
Image source: slideshare.net
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.