Lung disease is very common in today’s world. Today we will be talking about a very common lung disease called ‘Pneumonia‘. It majorly affects in cold season and can be very fatal even.
It is a well-known fact ‘Man is mortal’. It is true thing that by the god grace, we human beings possess a life span of 100 years. But in the present era i.e., 21st century this life span is getting dwindled day by day.
Now you guys must be thinking; what can be the reason for this unfortunate distraction?Actually, reasons are many like change in lifestyle, eating habits, pollution and the consequences of all ‘diseases’.
Through a survey, it has been concluded that 60% of deaths are caused due to some life threatening diseases and long continued ailments. Especially in India, due to poor sanitation and polluted environment life expectancy is decreasing.
Here, we are going to discuss about a disease called ‘Pneumonia’. By reading the name itself, many of you must be taking it easy and a simple disorder. But, beware guys’ small disorders results in heavy consequences. It doesn’t matters whether the ailment is small or large; small diseases can also be the beginning symptom of some broad ailment.
Let’s come back to the topic.
What is Pneumonia?
Pneumonia is a bacterial lung disorder caused by coccus family bacteria called ‘Streptococcus or Diplococcus pneumoniae’. It is a Gram positive nonmotile paired bacterium.
In some of the rare cases, pneumonia can also be caused by pathogen called ‘Haemophilus influenzae’.
Types of Pneumonia-
Pneumonia is a disease that can be spread among all. There are two kinds of pneumonia- Bronchopneumonia is the pneumonia type that is highly active among infants, kids and teenagers.
Perhaps, the bacterial infection is transmitted in monsoons and winters. In this time period moisture level is dense and immunity level tends to be low.
Another type of the disease is Lobar pneumonia. Most likely, this kind of disease appears in 10-50 years old people.
- Shortness of breathing
- Congestion flu’s
- Sudden chill
- Chest pain
- Nausea with tiredness
- Diarrhea and teeth-shattering
- Abdominal distension
- Severe cough with rusty mucoid sputum
- High fever and rapid shallow breathing
- In many cases, lips and finger nails becomes grayish to bluish in color
Well, the pneumonia infection is easily recognized with the severe congestion and chillness. However, in many of the cases some ultrasound is required.
Chest X-rays and physician visit can also conclude the infection. Blood tests, pulse oximetry, bronchoscopy, CT scans can also be done.
Treatment for Pneumonia-
The treatment depends upon the severity and occurrence of the infection. In many cases, if the infection and symptoms are minimal then it can be treated through home remedies itself.
- But it is not good to overlook the severity because in many cases untreated pneumonia can result to death.
Drugs such as Erythromycin, Tetracycline and Sulphonamide seem to be very useful in the treatment.
- Several medications and follow-up care insures the treatment and finally chest X-ray is done to conclude the treatment.
- Vaccinations are provided to stop the growth of infection.
- However many antiviral drugs also result in proper treatment.
- In Ayurveda, ginger and garlic become the best cure.
- Daily intake of ginger juice softens the mucus; making your alveolitis healthy.
We all know, prevention is better than cure. So why not prevent the disease and stay well.
- Those suffering from diabetes, asthma, and coronary heart disorders etc can also result in Pneumonia.
- Smoking also results in Pneumonia as the sediment of infections starts through smoking itself.
- In infants and kids, such disease can also be affected due to cold and weaken immunity.
So, this was detailed Pneumonia. Guys, you must have heard; during winters and adverse seasons be protected from cold and flu’s. For kids and infants, cold weather can result in such.
A balanced diet is required that helps in immunity growth; that automatically tackles all the ailments. Currently, the winter season is going on.
This season can either be good or bad for you. It is also a known fact that the winter season is the healthy season; at the same time, it can also be a horrific season. The meaning is not so complicated; all depends on you how you tackle it. Health is wealth. So, take care and live healthily.
Hope this post was knowledgeful and helpful to all. Share in all the social media and do not forget to leave a comment below.
Read More :
- Improve Your Immune System Naturally with Cannabis
- MRSA Infection – Causes, Symptoms & Ayurvedic Treatment
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Asthma (or Tamaka Shwasa in Ayurveda)-Diet & Home Remedies
- How to increase immunity
- Sick as a Dog: The Flu and the Ayurvedic Approach
- Berries for Your Health – Add a Little More Fruit to Your Diet
- 5 Important Health To-Dos for Pregnant Women
- Take pledge for better Oral Health this Diwali
- What is Diabetes and Diabetes in Ayurveda
- 6 Yoga Training Mistakes Which Are Holding You Back