Grapes are one of the cutest, round, glossy and juicy fruit. As you peel its thin layer, juice will ooze and you will notice pulp. These are cute round-shaped fruits which is found in many colours; green, black and red. These fruits are found in bunches.
Grape Vine is a popular fruit which is a berry fruit of deciduous woody vines. It is a perennial creeper which is one of the best fruits without any harmful effects. Grapes are the nutritious fruit best for everyone whether a healthy or a patient person.
The grape-vine grows and climbs n the wooden areas or some plants. The leaves are round, pentaclular and shapes like a hand. Based on varieties; there are many kinds of grapes like black grapes, violet grape, long grapes, small grapes, seedless grapes etc.
Grape belongs to kingdom Plantae and ‘Vitaceae’ family. Its binomial name is “Vitis vinifera”. In Hindi, it is also called Angur, Munakka or Dakh whereas in Sanskrit terms it is called Draksha, Gostani, Kashisha or Harhura. Grapes are dried to form raisins.
Nutrients in Grapes:-
As discussed, grapes are one of the highly nutritious fruits found. Due to its, cute shape and glossy look it is liked by all. Not only this, its tastes delicious and juicy and liked by all. Grapes are rich in
- dietary fibres,
- Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, C, E, K,
- fluoride and many more.
Uses of Grapes:-
Firstly, this very fruit is eaten raw as a fruit. Apart from this, it has many more uses like it is used to prepare juice and squash where violet grapes are promptly used due to its fabulous taste. It is also used in
- salad dressing,
- pie making,
- topping in desserts,
- sandwich spread,
- wines and many more.
Even the grape leaves are also used in many cuisines.
Medicinal benefits of Grapes:-
Only few of us are aware of this fact that grapes cn also be used as a medicine. Hard to believe, but is a true thing! Following are some of the medicinal benefits of grapes-
1. For oral problems:-
In case of any kind of oral problems:
- Take 10 pieces of grape leaves and 5-10 pieces of black plum leaves.
- Prepare a decoction of this and use it to gargle.
It is beneficial in curing any kind of mouth problems.
2. For Pulmonary tuberculosis:-
In case of pulmonary T.B:
- Take 10 gm of grapes and roasted paddy.
- Soak them in water for 2 hours;
- After that crush them and strain the solution.
- Mix 6-6 gm each of sugar, honey and ghee to the strained solution.
- Give this patient to lick.
It is a very beneficial remedy for pulmonary tuberculosis.
3. For respiratory problems:-
- Prepare a decoction of 10-12 grapes and some pieces of haritaki.
- In the 40-60 gm of decoction add 25 gm of sugar and 2 teaspoon of honey.
- Give this to the patient.
It mostly cures cough, asthma and other breathing problems.
4. For Tonsilitis:-
- Take 10 ml of grape juice and mix 1 gm of harad powder to it.
- Give this mixture to the patient twice a day.
- You can also use grape juice for gargle; it cures throat problems.
5. For kidney stones:-
- Take a branch of black grape plant; and burn it to ashes.
- Take 10 gm of this and mix in water;
- Give this solution to the patient twice a day.
- You can also give grape extract in 250-500 mg to destroy stones.
- Take 8-10 pieces of grapes and grind with black pepper. This is also very helpful to dissolve the stones.
6. For Halitosis:-
In case of halitosis due to cough, indigestion or due to worms in abdomen take 10-15 grapes everyday in your daily diet. Erasing halitosis, it will also help to build health which will evenly erase halitosis and foul smell from mouth.
7. For Acidity:-
- Take grapes and harad in equal amounts;
- Mix sugar in it and grind them.
- Prepare 1-1 gm tablets and take this tablet twice a day with fresh water.
It is helpful in curing indigestion, thirst burning sensation of throat and heart burning.
8. For High Grade fever:-
Give 40-60 ml decoction of grape pulp and amaltas twice a day. You can also have grape juice daily as it cures fever and burning sensation too. Prepare tablets using grapes, black pepper and rock salt. Keep these tablets in mouth.
Take equal amounts of grapes and Indian gooseberry. Grind to make a fine paste and add a little amount of ghee to it. Keep this paste in mouth. All these natural techniques are very useful for fever cure.
9. For skin problems:-
In case of any kind of skin problem; you can use this remedy. In spring, grape plant ooze a liquid; you can apply this liquid to the affected area as it cures skin problems easily.
10. For Jaundice:-
- Take 500 gm pulp of grapes, 2 kg old ghee and 8 litres of water.
- Mix all them and cook till only ghee is left behind.
- Strain the solution and store.
- Give 3-6 gm of this mixture twice a day.
It is a very effective in curing Jaundice.
11. For Cardiac pain:-
Cardiac pain or heart pain; in this case take two parts of grapes pulp; 1 part of honey and 1 part of cloves. Mix them all and give to the patient for few days. You will notice the results frequently.
p style=”text-align: justify;”>So, these were some of the medicinal benefits of Grapes. Fruits are considered to be very sacred; in worshiping, auspicious occasion and in all kinds of sacred festivals fruits are always used. These are filled with health promoting benefits. Include these in your daily diet and live well.