Table of Contents
Allergies are the response to resistance or immune system of the body to unwanted and harmful substances such as dust, food and pollens that come mostly from flowers. All these are called as allergens. There are two classes of allergies they are the lgE and non lgE allergies. In lgE type of allergy the immune structure of the body produces lgE antibodies that offend particular the allergens. These allergens enter the body by touch, food or air. The allergic person may have symptoms and in some cases severe symptoms also occur.
Ayurvedic causes of allergy:
According to Ayurveda the main cause of allergy is the stomach. Due to improper digestion the food releases toxins and these toxins get collected the issues of the body and result in allergies. These toxins act as foreign particles and when this collection of toxins reaches to a higher level they become hyper sensitive and become more sensitive towards the foreign allergens and create problems.
If you are coming in contact with allergic diseases, you must know the causes so that you could get the perfect cure against allergies. Some causes of allergic disorders include tight muscles and shrinkage in respiratory tracts. The other cause of allergy is irritation and burning sensation on the body. You have to also suffer from extra mucus production in the nose.
Symptoms of the disease:
- Nasal problems
- Wet eyes
- Itching sensation
- Roaring nose and sore throat
- Cough and stomach pain
Herbs used in the treatment of allergy:
- Ginger – The other name of ginger is Zingiber officinalis. The stem of this herb is taken in the medication of allergy. It is the best remedy for stomach pain and nausea.
- Tulsi – The scientific name of Tulsi is Ocimum sanctum and is full antimicrobial properties. This herb is beneficial in respiratory disorders. The ursolic acid present in the leaves of this herb fights asthma.
- Dandelion Root is a liver cleanser that has been widely used throughout the ages. It helps in stimulation of bile flow from the liver and it is often used by herbalists to help fight fatty liver, cirrhosis and various other liver health issues.
- Turmeric – Antioxidants present in this spice improves the immune system of the body. It is also anti- inflammatory and used in the treatment of allergies.
- Ashwagandha – It is an ancient herb and its scientific name is Withania somnifera. It cures stress and fatigue related problems. It also boosts the enduring power of the body.
- Shirish – Scientifically this herb is known as Albezzia lebbock. This herb is a best anti toxicant and removes poisons or called toxic matter from the body.
- Vaasa – This herb is known as Adhatoda vasica in scientific language. It is helpful in treating cough and bronchitis. It is also helpful in headache and fever.
- Dalchini – It is one of the best herb to treat allergy. The bark of Dalchini which is known as Cinamommum zeylanicum. It is very effective in cold conditions and also cure skin allergies.
- Anantmool – The botanical name of this herb is Hemidesmus indicus. It is the best remedy to treat allergies and asthma because it has alkaloids in its leaves.
- Madhuyashti – Chewing of Madhuyashti can provide relief from cough. It is also beneficial in sore throat and cures dyspnea. This herb is known as Glycyrrhiza Glabra.
Ayurvedic medicines for allergy:
Planet Ayurveda provides best and perfect medicines for allergy which are natural. These medicines are free from side effects and are made up of natural herbs. The name of their package is allergy care pack.
Tips to prevent allergies:
- The first and the foremost thing to prevent allergy is to maintain the humidity level in the house.
- Do not open the windows often because they let pollen and other allergens come in.
- Check the filters and air conditioners if they do not provide enough fresh air.
- Dust is the main reason of allergy therefore, limit the amount of dust in the house.
- Wash the hair off in the night to clean the dust particles stuck on them.