Table of Contents
Everyone wants to grow beautiful hair. There are many factors that depend on hair growth. Sometimes it’s due to heredity. There are various causes of hair loss like hormonal imbalance, poor diet, high-stress level, medication, etc. Don’t go for instant chemical remedies as it can harm more. The natural solution is the best solution without any side effect and you will get long-lasting results.
Causes of hair loss(Baldness)
1. NUTRITIONAL DEFICIENCIES
It could be possible that essential nutrients may be missing from your diets such as iron, copper, zinc and proteins. Deficiency of vitamin D is another cause of hair loss. In order to avoid this, make sure to get out and soak up some sun.
2. HORMONAL IMBALANCE
After the age of 30, women can experience hormonal imbalance which can cause hair loss. This is usually caused by excessive dihydrotestosterone (DHT) conversion. Even though estrogen is the main hormone that women produce, testosterone and other androgens such as DHEA also occur in the female body. As women reach a certain age, they may begin to convert these androgens to DHT.
3. THYROID ISSUES
If the thyroid gland, which is at the front of the neck, produces excessive or an insufficient amount of the thyroid hormone, then the hair growth cycle may change. However, if you do have a thyroid issue, you will notice other symptoms along with hair loss such as weight gain or loss, sensitivity to cold or heat, and changes in heart-rate.
Extreme stress can cause sudden hair loss which could last for several months. Minimizing stress through exercise, meditation yoga and massages will reduce your chances of experiencing hair loss.
5. HAIRSTYLING PRODUCTS
Over-treated hair can lead to hair loss due to the toxic chemicals found in dyes and styling products. Similarly, almost all shampoos contain Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) which has a toxic effect on your immune system and has been proven to corrode hair follicles and impede hair growth. It is advisable to stick to natural shampoos and dyes.
NATURAL HOME REMEDIES FOR HAIR GROWTH
1. FISH OIL
Consuming omega fatty acids can help to improve your hair from the inside, since they are filled with nutrients and proteins. Taking an omega along with antioxidants helps to improve hair density and diameter. It also reduces hair loss. Omega fatty acids help your cells to work correctly and can boost immunity leading to better overall health. Follow the recommended dosage.
2. ONION JUICE
If you can handle the smell of onion juice, you may find that the benefits are worth it. Onion juice has been a great source to treat patchy scalp and promote hair growth. Onion juice is also thought to improve circulation. You can blend a few onions and squeeze out the juice. Apply the juice to your scalp and hair and leave in for at least 15 minutes. Then shampoo normally.
3. COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil contains fatty acids that penetrate inside the hair shaft and reduce protein loss from hair. It can be used either before or after you wash your hair depending on your hair type. If your hair tends to be oily, you can do a leave-in treatment overnight or for a few hours before you wash it. Massage coconut oil into your scalp and all of your hair. If your hair is dry, you can also use it as a leave-in treatment.
4. ALOE VERA
Aloe Vera has long been used for treating hair loss. It also soothes the scalp and conditions hair. It can reduce dandruff and unblock hair follicles that may be blocked by excess oil. You can apply pure aloe Vera gel to your scalp and hair a few times per week. You can also use shampoo and conditioner that contain aloe Vera.
5. ROSEMARY OIL
An essential oil, rosemary has strong antiseptic properties that help treat flaky scalp, dandruff and infections—all of which contribute to hair loss. It is also a natural hair loss treatment that acts as a potent stimulant when applied directly. Rosemary oil has superior antibacterial and antioxidant properties, both of which lead to noticeable hair regrowth.
Garlic is full of minerals and vitamins that naturally condition and reverse hair loss. Applying a paste of blended garlic cloves could be an excellent home remedy to stop hair fall immediately.
7. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
In addition to the damage caused by dryness, hair loss can also be caused by clogged hair follicles. When hair follicles are blocked and deprived of oil, bacteria accumulate and healthy oils become scarce, resulting in hair loss and potentially even baldness. To prevent or fix clogged follicles, try rinsing your scalp with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water. This natural hair loss treatment may work wonders to unclog pores and promote regrowth.
8. EGG MASK
Eggs promote hair regrowth because of their high levels of protein. Keratin protein comprises 70 per cent of hair, so it’s no wonder eggs may help reverse damage.
- After washing your hair with shampoo
- Mix one egg and one tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl
- Let the mask sit in your damp hair with a shower cap for at least 10 minutes.
- Once it has fully soaked and absorbed, rinse and wash with a moisturizing conditioner.
9. PEPPERMINT OIL
This antiallergenic essential oil possesses anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties.
- take .3-5 drops of peppermint oil
- A cup of water
- Warm towel or shower cap
- Dilute the essential oil in water and apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Cover your head with a warm towel or a shower cap for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this 2 times a week
10. CAMPHOR AND COCONUT OIL HAIR MASK
Studies have found that the application of camphor can help improve blood circulation .This property can help increase blood circulation in the scalp, promoting hair growth. Other studies suggest that it can aid hair growth and decrease dandruff when used in combination with coconut oil.
- 100 mL virgin of coconut oil
- 4-5 camphor tablets
- Crush the camphor tablets and mix them with coconut oil. Store this in an airtight container.
- Apply this oil to the scalp before going to bed.
- Repeat this every night or every alternate night.
Some clinical studies show that ginger contains bioactive compounds that stimulate circulation to the scalp and renew hair follicles.
- 1-2 inches ginger root
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or jojoba oil
- Grate the ginger and soak it in the oil for a few minutes.
- Apply this to the scalp (along with the ginger pieces) and massage for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then shampoo your hair.
Food supplements containing fenugreek seeds were successful in treating low to moderate hair loss in men and women.
- 2-4 tablespoons of methi powder (fenugreek)
- Water or buttermilk
- Add enough water or buttermilk to the fenugreek powder to get a paste of medium consistency.
- Apply this to the scalp and let it sit for about an hour.
- Wash it off gently with a shampoo.
13. ACUPUNCTURE FOR BALDNESS
Acupuncture, is a Chinese medical practice, involves activating the trigger points that will establish a balance in the body fluids and energies and resolve the problem. This treatment is usually used in conjunction with an herbal remedy and vitamin supplementation.
Do not attempt acupuncture on your own. Avail the services of a trained professional for safe treatment.
HOW TO PREVENT BALDNESS
- Combing your hair is necessary, but combing it too often can weaken the hair follicles and result in hair loss. Hence, refrain from excessive combing.
- Hot water can weaken the hair follicles, which results in thinning of the hair. Use cool or normal temperature water to rinse your hair.
- Use herbal shampoo that do not contain chemical additives that can damage your hair follicles.
- Massage your scalp regularly with oil to promote circulation and keep the scalp nourished with all vital nutrients.
READ MORE :
- Top 15 amazing health benefit of Aloe Vera
- Four Tips to Use in Your Battle Against PCOS
- Herbal hair pack for Frizzy hair
- Neem Extracts and its Miraculous Benefits
- Natural ways of improving baby’s skin complexion
- 3 Steps to Sustainable Weight Loss
- Health Indicators to Help You Track Your Weight Loss
- Hazards of using Deodorants and what can be Alternatives