Skin is the uppermost of the body which covers our flesh and internal organs.Everyone wills to have a beautiful physique, skin, health and life. To achieve all these, we spent a lot of money but results are not always satisfactory. Let’s march towards nature to obtain these. All the plants, trees, herbs etc are hidden numerous benefits in them. Here, we will be talking about a fruit called Health benefits of orange fruit.
Appearance of Orange plant:-
The plant of Orange is a tall and erect plant. It bears dark-green coloured glossy leave which looks much similar as the mango leaves. There are many varieties of Oranges; they varies in their taste, colour, ripeness and pulpy texture. The most important ones are loose-skinned orange in India and tight-skinned one in Europe. It is a very nourishing fruit which is up to 12 cm in diameter; though the common ones are only 6-8 cm in diameter. It bears pods; 6-8 pods are maximum number of pods in any variety of orange.
Origin and Distribution:-
The orange is native to southern China. It is believed to have been introduced into South India from where it was taken to the western world by Vasco da Gama in 1498. It is extensively cultivated in Spain, U.S.A, Brazil, China, Japan, Egypt, Mexico, Palestine etc. In India, loose-skinned oranges grows widely in Nagpur, Pune, Coorg, Assam and many more areas.
Nomenclature of Orange:-
English name- Orange fruit
Hindi name- Santara, Narangi
Botanical name- Citrus aurantium
Nutrients in Orange:-
- Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, C, E, K
- Dietary fibres
- Water and many more.
Uses of Orange fruit:-
There are multiple uses of orange fruit, some of them are given below-
- The juice of orange fruit is a best way to obtain health and-energy; it is widely served with breakfast.
- Ripe oranges are also eaten raw; as its outer translucent peel has much fibres.
- It is used as an ingredient in fruit salads.
- The peel of loosened-skinned oranges works as a great insect-repellent. The citric smell keeps them away.
- It is also used to extract an oil which is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial.
- Oranges are also used to prepare fresheners, fragrances and perfumes.
- The dried peels are churned to prepare face scrub.
10 Health benefits of Orange fruit:-
1. Makes your skin shine-
If you prone of dull, dab and wrinkled skin then; orange therapy is a good treatment;
- Include fresh orange juice or orange fruit in your daily diet.
- The loose-skinned ones are the best.
- You can also directly apply the pod and its pulp on the skin.
- Do it for regular basis, it corrects your skin with the regular practice.
2. Helpful in Indigestion-
- The Vitamin C and trace metals present in it helps to cure the problems of indigestion and acidity.
- Take a glass of Orange juice and sprinkle some cumin powder and black salt over it.
- Mix well and drink.
- Being tasty it works like a natural antacid.
3. Builds-up immune system-
- Winter season is coming; it needs a build-up immunity for the resistance.
- The season of oranges are also coming.
- HAve oranges in your daily diet; it helps to build up immunity.
4. Fights against Viral infection-
- The sourness and tartness accompanies with several benefits with it.
- Oranges are anti-viral and anti-microbial in nature.
- One who is habituated to have this fruit daily; never suffers from any viral infections.
5. Boosts Heart Health-
- Oranges are the good sources of potassium.
- It is a good thing to keep your heart healthy.
- So, in order to keep your heart healthy; one must have oranges in their daily diet.
6. Lowers cholesterol levels-
- Oranges are rich in soluble fibre.
- And the Vitamin C content helps to cut off th fat deposits from the body.
- Those suffering from cholesterol problems; must include this in their daily diet.
7. Creates Good vision-
- For a good and healthy vision, oranges are very necessary.
- It is rich in Vitamin A which erases all the problems related to sight.
8. Good for Pediatric ailments-
- Orange juice is considered an excellent for infants who are not fed on breast milk.
- Daily 15 ml to 120 ml of orange juice must be given according to the age.
- It helps to keep them awa from disorders and ailments.
- If required, cooked pulp of oranges can also be given.
9. Cures Respiratory disorders-
- It’s a myth actually, that oranges should not be given in cough types of problems.
- The use of orange juice mixed with a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of honey is an effective food for T.B, Asthma, Common cold, Bronchitis etc.
- It protects our lungs and keeps them healthy.
10. Helpful during Fever-
- During fevers, only liquid diet is allowed.
- This time one can easily rely upon orange juice and orange syrups.
- It cures fevers due to blood poisoning, wrong food and seasonal flu’s.
So, in this way we saw how this fruit can be so beneficial for health. Eat well, live well!