Introduction to Neem:-Neem is one of the most powerful herbs used all across the globe. Neem belongs to kingdom Plantae and ‘Meliaceae’ family. Its binomial name is “Azadirachta indica”. Neem is an evergreen tree which grows approximately 25-30 ft tall. In English, neem is called “Margosa tree”. The bark of stem is rough and brownish in colour. It bears dark green, shiny and slightly curved leaves. Tree bears flowers from March-May. Margosa; or neem tree is also called as a magical tree. It holds the capability to cure all kinds of ailments; so it is also termed as ‘Kalpavriksha’.
In the present era, due to heavy explosion of pollution, unhealthy lifestyle, stress, depression etc; all these are promoting various diseases and ailments. It is said that; face is the mirror of our body; whatever circumstances are going in body, it simply reflects on our face. Any kind of ailment caused on face or skin is called ‘Dermal problems’. They can be minor as well as major. Like pimples comes under the minor category whereas psoriasis and eczema comes the major category. Here we will describing the ways to cure various skin problems. So, lets proceed-
Various methods to cure different skin problems
- Day time, those who even sit under the shade of neem tree; can cure many ailments. So, this very tree is also called ‘purifier tree’.
- If you are suffering from blemishes or acne then here’s a cure; take 4-5 neem leaves and make a paste using water. Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder and 5-6 lemon drops to it. Mix well and apply on the affected areas. Repeat the process twice a week.
- Take 20-25 neem leaves and boil in 1 litre of water. Boil till the leaves gets discoloured and water turns olive-green. As the water gets cool, store it in a bottle and put in refrigerator. You can use this neem water for face wash. This simple process, will cure and prevent you against pimples, acne, wrinkles and many more,.
- Take a cotton ball dip in neem water and apply on face; it will cure pigmentation, blackheads and many other problems.
- For a bright facial complexion; chew 5-8 neem leaves daily or opt to neem juice; it tastes bitter but is highly beneficial. It purifies your blood erasing all kinds of skin problems.
- If you are fed up of your oily skin the take 2 teaspoon of neem paste and add 1 teaspoon of yoghurt to it. Apply on face and rinse after 15 minutes.
- Many of us are unknown about the moisturising property of neem. Mix neem powder with grape seed oil and apply on face. It will treat dryness and other skin issues.
- Except from face, if you are having boils, itching or any other problem; apply neem oil to it. It as anti-bacterial property which heals all kinds of skin issues.
- Psoriasis is a skin disease which makes your skin look burnt; you can cure it using neem. on a regular interval apply neem oil to affected parts. It has anti-bacterial property which works very well. For deep treatment, include neem leaves and juice in your diet.
Neem is a miraculous plant. In our holy scriptures like Vedas, the advantages and properties of neem is also explained. Neem tree is commonly seen on gardens, backyards, street sides etc. How fool we are? Treatment is standing in front of us and we are running outside! Trust on nature, after all we all are formation of nature itself. Go natural and live safe.
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.