Causes of Edema
The most common causes of Edema are cardiovascular disease, swelling of the lymph nodes, kidney disease, and liver cirrhosis. Other common factor that is to blame for fluid retention is extreme consumption of iodine. Edema may also occur in lungs as observed in a number of cases. If that happens then the situation is called ‘pulmonary’ edema. It is important to look for critical medical care as soon as symptoms of Edema appear.
Symptoms of Edema
Some of the most common symptoms of Edema are breathlessness, pressure in the chest, or any type of troubled inhalation. Some other signs are:
- Swelling of skin tissues
- Enlarged abdomen
- Continuous coughing
- Light headedness
Planet Ayurveda has given a few extremely capable herbal medications. The major ones amongst them are the Punarnava capsules and Punarnava Mandur tablets.
The tablets include many herbs and some of the important ones are discussed below:-
- Operculina Turpethum – This herb is known for its laxative characteristics
- Boerhaavia Diffusa – This herb is known for its natural anti-inflammatory properties
- Zingiber Officinale or Ginger – This herb speeds up digestion process
- Piper Longnum or Long Pepper – This herb helps to cure respiratory problems like bronchitis, lungs allergy and other digestive disorders
- Piper Nigrum or Black Pepper – They are natural digestive stimulant and carminative
- Cedrus Deodara – They are known for natural diuretic properties
- Plumbago Zeylanica or Chitrak – It is a natural diaphoretic and carminative agent
- Terminalia Chebula – The herb has laxative properties that makes it excellent digestive stimulant
- Terminalia Belerica – This acts as a natural cleansing agent
- Embelica Ribes – This is also known as false black pepper and is known for its digestive stimulating properties
- Inula Racemosa – It acts as natural diuretic agent
- Emblica Officinalis or amla – It is an anti-ageing herb
- Berberis Aristata – It is a natural blood purifying agent
- Curcuma Longa – This herb acts as anti-bacterial agent
- Baliospermum Montanum – The herb has placid laxative properties
- Piccorhiza Kurroa – This herb helps to remove toxins from skins
- Cyperus Rotundus – diuretic, diaphoretic, anti-bacterial, anti spasmodic, analgesic.
- Mandoor Bhasma – Revitalizes skin by removing toxins
All these herbs make Punarnava Mandur extremely effective. The benefits of using these herbal supplements are explained below:
- The laxative property cures constipation, digestive problems, flatulence, constipation and obesity.
- The characteristic of natural diuretic helps to balance the level of urea and creatinine in the blood that helps proper functioning of the kidney.
- They help to wash out the endo-toxins, excess fats and also controls the body temperature.
- They act as anti-inflammatory agent that helps to ease swelling and inflammation.
- They help to treat kidney stones, renal disorders, fevers, osteoarthritis, rheumatism, and diabetes.
- They help to cure respiratory problems like asthma, bronchitis, cough, etc.
- They help to cure Ascites.
- The herbs emit ‘Kapha’ toxins from the body which make it act as a fantastic natural distillation agent.
- They also help to cure the lungs mucus, bleeding of entrails, and extra toxins from the body.
Dose: Take 2 to 3 tablets twice each day
These herbal supplements are made from the extracts of the Punarnava weed. These herbs do not include any synthetic chemicals or preservatives. The capsules are very helpful in treating the respiratory and urinary disorders. They act as a stimulant for the kidney and liver. These tablets help to revitalize damaged cells, treats respiratory problems and clearing infections in the urinary tract. Punarnava capsules have diuretic that gives it cooling properties. The capsules help to harmonize the three vital energies of the body –Pitta, Kapha, and Vata. They help to balance water preservation by removing the excess water from the body.
Dose: Take 1 to 2 capsules twice every day
Punarnava capsules and Punarnava Mandur tablets are amazing herbal supplements that increases water retention properties of and slows down the course of aging. Three other helpful herbal supplements are Rencure capsules, Varunadi Vati and Mutrakrichantak churna that help to increase the water retention properties of the body.
Edema may increase in severe temperatures like extremely hot or cold conditions. Abrupt variation in temperature can also aggravate Edema. It is consequently important to keep away from hot baths. Make sure that you put on temperate clothes during cold. Also, it is better to take adequate protection during hot weathers to avert sunburns.
Read More :
- Top 7 Home Remedies For Edema (Water Retention)
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Hyperthyroidism
- Do Pocket friendly Homemade Facial for Glowing Skin
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension – Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis & Treatment
- Diet and Lifestyle Modification for Water Retention
- Herbal supplements to gain weight naturally
- Prepare Homemade Lip Balm for soft and pink lips
- Top 10 home remedies for Water Retention (edema)
- Natural ways of improving baby’s skin complexion
- Top 4 Herbal Remedies for Ulcerative Colitis
- 5 Best foods to increase and improve Lactation