Table of Contents
The greenery spread around is filled with many wonderful plants and herbs that are still unaware of us. Many look very simple but are filled with immense benefits. They are like diamonds; don’t possess an artificial shine but are filled with brilliant glaze. Here, our concerned topic is on “Wheatgrass”. It is a crop plant. When it grows with tender leaflets; then those shiny green leaves are no more than a nectar for humans.
What is Wheatgrass?
Wheat also called ‘genius‘ in Hindi is a crop plant. We, humans, consume chapatis and many other dishes prepared from it. In India, rice and wheat are the two major crops which are raised in a large-scale. The wheat grass looks similar to the doob grass. The chief constituent of wheatgrass is ‘chlorophyll’ The chlorophyll molecule bears the close resemblance to hemoglobin. Earlier, the benefits and its treating methods were unknown. But, these small leaves were used to cure diseases like brain ulcer, peritonitis and many more.
In this brief passage, you must be getting its wonder properties. In village and countryside, these small grasses are abundantly found. But, what about city areas. Here, we will be talking how to grow and use this. It is important even, as a fact; if nectar also gave in indefinite amount acts as a potent poison. So, let’s proceed-
How to grow Wheatgrass :
- Wheatgrass can be grown in any sheltered place where the direct and bold sun rays don’t reach. The temperature should be mild.
- Soak a handful of wheat in water for 8-10 hours.
- After that, drain the water and allow the seeds to develop into sprouts for 15 hours.
- Now use earthen pots or wooden trays to grow the wheat grass.
- They should be filled with compost manure.
- Cover them with dark cloth or keep away from sunlight.
- Water sprinkling should be done once to twice a day.
How to use :
- As you notice that the grasses are developed 5-7 inches high, cut them with scissors.
- It should be immediately washed and ground.
- The juice should be extracted using a fine cloth.
- Keep in mind, every minute of delay; the pulp loses its efficacy. And the complete medicinal value is lost 3-4 hours after cutting.
Nutrients in Wheatgrass:-
- Vitamin A, B, C
- Dietary fibers
Now, let’s move to its health benefits. Well, there are many benefits of it but here we will be talking about its 15 benefits-
15 Health benefits of Wheatgrass
- In order to avoid oral problems like a sore throat, pyorrhoea, tooth decay etc; chew wheat grass. It checks bacterial growth and also draws out toxins from the gums.
- Regular drinking of wheatgrass is very useful in the cure of Skin Diseases. It has been scientifically proved that chlorophyll arrests harmful bacteria.
- Wheatgrass is used to detoxify the walls of the colon. On a daily basis, 100-125 ml of wheatgrass juice should be given. It helps to cure the disorders of colon, mucus, colitis, constipation and bleeding piles.
- The chlorophyll content present in wheatgrass juice improves the functioning of lungs and heart. It is also beneficial in Anaemia. Thus, wheat grass is highly beneficial in the treatment of circulatory disorders.
- In case of eyesight, cataract and other eye problems; have wheatgrass juice on a daily basis.
- If you are tensed and worried about hair problems like; premature greying, hair baldness, alopecia, falling of hair. The best and the easiest cure is wheatgrass juice.
- Wheatgrass contains chlorophyll and several enzymes which slows down the aging process. One who are habituated of having wheatgrass juice daily; not only the physique but the organs even respond actively.
- Wheatgrass arrests the growth of harmful bacteria thus keeps you away from bacterial infections and diseases.
- For the strong immunity and increased longevity, have wheatgrass juice; also plant it around your surroundings.
- Chlorophyll fights inflammation of joint pain. thus it is very useful in the treatment of Arthritis and Gout related problems. It is also beneficial to cure joint pains and other pains.
- Wheatgrass is able to restore and revitalize the liver. It has its effective benefits on the liver; it cleanses your liver and erases any disease from it.
- Wheatgrass improves glucose levels in the body. For diabetic patients, it’s a good remedy. One should take the juice with few drops of lemon in it.
- Cancer is a disease which occurs in the body; where there is lack of oxygen. Chlorophyll present in wheatgrass provided ample oxygen to your body; thus decreases the risk of cancer production in the body.
- For the treatment of sinus congestion; inhale it or have its juice. It will break up the mucus and clear the congestion.
- Apply the pulp of wheatgrass or have its juice. It is useful to cure skin problems like eczema, dryness, and discoloration.
So, in this way we saw how such small and simple thing can be so useful Actually, all the productions of nature is filled with efficiency and benefits. Go green and live well!
Also, Read :