Benefits of Bauhinia plant: In India, plants and herbs are worshipped as a God. This is not our backwardness, it actually shows our devotion to those natural resources which are like our lifeline.
They provides us shade, fruits, vegetables, oils, wood and many other things which are very important for our survival. Today our topic is on a tree plant which is rich in medicinal values i.e., to cure our diseases naturally. It is called Bauhinia plant.
Bauhinia plant has numerous benefits and we will be talking 12 medicinal benefits of Bauhinia plant.
Bauhinia or Kachnar is a herb plant which has a very important place in Ayurvedic treatments. It is grown all over India; it is also a self-grown tree and can be found in parks, streets, as an ornamental plant in backyards and many more.
Flowers of Bauhinia plant do resemble those of orchids, and are the main attraction. Colors of white, purple, pink, lavender, red, orange, and yellow are all found within the Bauhinia range, and color depends on species. Some are rare, but most are attainable.
Appearance of Bauhinia plant
Bauhinia trees are 15-20 ft tall with soft branches. The bark of the plant is one inch thick, rough and brown. The branches bend downwards which increases the beautified attraction of the plant.
The leaves appears as two leaves are joined together. Leave are alternate, 2-6 inch long, 3-7 inch wide, bifurcated and rounded. They are like heart-shaped and curve from the front. It bears big flowers which are found in numerous colours.
Each colour of the flower has its own medicinal values. It also bears fruits which are half to one inch long , slippery, strong and slightly curved. The plant bears flowers in February-March and fruits in April-May.
Nomenclature of Bauhinia plant
This nomenclature will help you to gather general knowledge about the plant and its variety;
|Hindi name||Kachnar, Kachnal|
|Sanskrit name||Kanchnar, Gandari, Karbudar|
|Botanical name||Bauhinia variegata|
Properties of Bauhinia plant
- The fruits are light, dry and have binding properties to cure diseases of pitta and others.
- The whole plant is a healer and coagulant.
- A safe and effective herbal preparation known for its preventive action in tuberculosis affecting the lymph nodes of the neck (Scrofula).
- It purifies the blood and checks the body’s weight.
- It is anti-dermatoses and also cures lymphatic inflammation.
- It purifies and cleanses the ulcers and the wounds.
- The plant pacifies vitiated kapha, diarrhoea, skin diseases, rectal prolapse, diabetes, inflammations, worms, tumors, hemorrhoids, menorrhagia hemolysis and cervical lymphadenopathy.
- It tastes really very good when cooked with addition of mutton or chicken and its pickle is also supposed to be nutritious for stomach.
Now, we shall be moving to the; 12 Medicinal benefits of Bauhinia plant. These cute flowers as well as the plant holds numerous benefits in it. Have a look to the following description and conclude the same. We will also like to tell you, as we discussed above; the plant has its different benefits as per the colour of the flower; so we will be talking on the same basis.