“Excess of everything is bad”. This thing only relies with the disease. Diabetes or Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic disease characterized by the high blood sugar or glucose. In this disease, the pancreas gets unable to produce insulin or produces very less amount which is not even ample. Insulin is a kind of hormone cum fluid which balances the sugar level in body. In absence of it, the glucose levels in body starts raising which later results in different harsh conditions.
Diabetes is a chronic medical condition, meaning that although it can be controlled, it lasts a lifetime. In this article we will see how to manage Diabetes with Ayurvedic treatment
TYPES OF DIABETES MELLITUS:
- Type 1 DM– In this very case, our pancreas are unable to produce insulin hormone. Following this, through exterior method; insulin should be provided for better working of the system.
- Type 2 DM– It is also called; adult-onset diabetes. In this, insulin hormone secretion is well and in normal way but our cells re unable to grasp it. Most of the times it occurs at the age of 50’s; when our body gets fatigued and weak.
In addition to the disease, in future references it results in many other problems like cardiovascular diseases, blurred vision, kidney failure, chronic illness, fatigued body and many more.
More details has been explained in another article i.e. diet plan for diabetic patients
Package to manage Diabetes with Ayurvedic treatment
1. Divya Praval pishti 10 gm
2. Divya Giloy sat 20 gm
3. Divya Vasantkusumakar Ras 1 gm
Provides strength to the body and builds resistance against diabetes.
4. Divya Madhunashini Vati 120 Tabs.
Best medicine to control diabetes in a natural way
5. Divya Chandraprabha vati 40 gm
Mode of Administration
Medicine No.1,2,3 – Mix all these medicines make 60 parts and take in the morning and evening half an hour before breakfast and dinner with fresh cream(Best) or with water.
Medicine No.4,5 – 2-2 tabs, Twice a day, Take half an hour either before or after the breakfast, lunch & dinner with water/milk.
Dosage : 1 Month
Alternative medicine advice for diabetes
Diabetes is a condition that results in increased sugar (glucose) levels in the blood. As the body produces insulin, which helps lower sugar. Deficiency of insulin can lead to increased sugar in the blood.
Tips for diabetes
- Sugar, artificial sweeteners and excess honey. Try to avoid foods containing ingredients end in (ol) or (ose) as these are mainly different forms of carbohydrates like fructose, glucose, dextrose.
- Avoid grains like cakes, biscuits, pies, tarts, breakfast cereals, wheat, rye, barley, corn, rice, bread, pasta, pastry.
- Avoid vegetables which contain larger amount of starch and carbohydrates like potatoes,carrots, peas, beans, parsnips, beet.
- Also avoid fruits like water gallon, mangoes, banana, Sapodilla (Chiku), jackfruit, grapes, Strawberry, Sugarcane.
- You may take milk but in small quantity. Avoid fat yogurts and cheese. Also be careful not to drink too much coffee or tea and add only as much sugar as in needed for taste.
- Avoid fresh fruit juices as these are highly concentrated carbohydrates. If you like fruit juices you may dilute one part of juice with 3 or 4 parts of water.
- Always avoid saturated fats like fatty meat, full fat dairy products, butter, lard. Try to prefer unsaturated fats like olive oil, corn oil, cannula oil, sunflower oil, soy oil. Avoid cottage cheese as it has a high carbohydrate content and very little fat.
Food for diabetes
- You may take fruits like apple, Grapefruit, Lime, Peaches. You must divide your fruit and vegetable diet in five portions through all the day, by Spreading the fruit you eat through the day helps to avoid a sudden rise in blood sugar levels.
- You must take high fibre diet. Fibrous diet is Cereals, Fruits, Nuts, Pulses, Seeds, Vegetables. Fibrous diet not only lowers your glucose level but also decreases blood cholesterol.
- Always prefer non-fatty dairy products such as “skimmed milk”, non-fat cheese and yogurt. Don’t take more than 250ml of milk per day
- You may take all vegetables, onion and garlic are known for decreasing blood glucose level.
Note: Do not stop your allopathy medicine immediately as ayurvedic medicine may take time to adjust to our body. You can give a gap between allopathy medicine and ayurvedic medicine of 1 to 2 hours.
So, That all about “How to manage Diabetes with Ayurvedic treatment”. If you have any question on how to manage Diabetes with Ayurvedic treatment. Feel free to drop a comment.
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.