Hairs are the type of friends that accompany us as per our mood; when we feel happy and cheerful our hair turns healthy and glossy; as we turn upset our hair too gets fizzy and damp. Due to several factors, our beautiful hairs have to suffer from different problems which are really hated by everyone. Some of the common hair problems faced by us are; hair lice, dandruff, hair fall, premature greying of hairs, and many more.
All these problems are majorly faced by the girls themselves! Men also suffer from many hair problems but those are quite rare and often. Here, we will be talking about one of the evergreen hair problem called ‘Hair Dandruff’. It is common among all whether it is a man or a woman. We call it evergreen because it is seen in all the climates as well as the seasons.
What is Hair Dandruff?
Dandruff refers to the flaking scalp which falls like snowflakes and settles on one’s brows, shoulders, and clothes. It is an unpleasant, irritating condition associated with the bacteria, in the excessive formation of scale on the scalp. These scales are formed from the horny layer of the skin. It is a common condition, which is marked by itching. In some cases, it can be embarrassing and not easy to treat.
Symptoms of Dandruff
Many times, dandruff is considered and assumed as the dry flakes of the scalp. Actually, it is not true; those dry flakes are different and the dandruff is the different thing. Following are the symptoms of Dandruff;
- Increased scaliness
- The appearance of lumps or crusts on the scalp
- Severe itching on the scalp
- Redness of scalp
- Head may feel tight and itchy
- Soreness of scalp and head
- An oily look of the white flakes
Causes of Dandruff
There can be many causative factors responsible for Dandruff, some of them are listed below;
- People who do not comb or brush their hair regularly have a slightly higher risk of having dandruff – this is because they are not aiding the shedding of skin that combing or brushing provides.
- People who are sensitive to yeast have a slightly higher risk of having dandruff, so it is logical to assume that yeast may play a part.
- Impairment of general health can also be one of the important reasons for Dandruff.
- Harsh shampoos and exposure to cold and general exhaustion.
- Lowered vitality due to infectious diseases.
- Some experts say that people who do not consume enough foods that contain zinc, Vitamin B, and some types of fats are more prone to dandruff.
Treatment for Dandruff
For the treatment of Dandruff, every field has its own suggestions as well as tips. Numerous medicated shampoos are available in the market for the treatment of Dandruff. Most of these, however, in the process of curing disorder, causes irreparable damage to the hair roots because of the synthetic ingredients contained in them. The treatment of dandruff has to be largely constitutional if a permanent cure desired! Here we will talk about the nature cure and Home remedies for the Dandruff which is feasible and good for all. It has negligible or no side-effects.
Home Remedies for Dandruff
Homes remedies are eco-friendly and good for all. It can be afforded by all after all it mostly considers your kitchen products itself. So, let’s have a look at those home remedies which are best suited for Dandruff;
- The use of fenugreek (methi) seeds is one such remedy. Soak 2 tablespoons of the seeds overnight and make a paste in the morning. Apply the paste all over the scalp for half an hour.
- The use of a teaspoon of fresh lime juice while rinsing your hair is the best thing. You can also use vinegar instead; it is also a very good thing to cure dandruff.
- Apply sour curd mixed with citrus juice; on the scalp as well as the hairs. It is a very effective thing. It should be not used by those suffering from cold problems and any kind of allergies.
- A person should intake 3-4 liters of water a day. It hydrates your body as well as the scalp which automatically erases dandruff.
- Fresh vegetables, fruits, sprouts, grain cereals, millets, and brown rice must be there in a diet; all these are very less in calories and rich in fibers.
- Strict attention to diet is essential for recovery. Starchy protein and fatty foods should be restricted.
- Dandruff can be removed by massaging one’s hair for half-an-hour with curd and lime.
- Another measure that helps to counteract dandruff is to dilute cider vinegar with an equal quantity of water and dab this on hair with cotton wool in between shampooing.
- Exposure of the head to the rays of the sun is also a good measure to avoid and prevent dandruff.
- The extra amount of aerated drinks, sugary products, ice cream extra should be minimized.
- You can also apply the paste of baking soda mixed with water; it has anti-inflammatory properties which heals the disorder.
- Massage your hair with oil on every alternate day; you can even use olive oil, coconut oil, or some medicated oil as per your choice.
So, in this way, we saw a few useful as well as effective and feasible therapies to get rid of Dandruff. These unwanted afflictions should be treated as fast as possible; if staying for a long time they can even result in hair fall, fungal infections even eczema too! Stay healthy and live well!