Table of Contents
Fatty Liver is a condition in which your Liver gets covered with unwanted fats and cholesterol, making it suffocative to work properly. It can be very severe and dangerous too. Today we will be telling some of the Herbal Remedies for Fatty Liver. It means how to treat your liver with natural methods so that it gets treated.
Liver is considered the largest gland in the human body. It is brownish maroon in color. The liver is the vital organ in vertebrates; located in the upper part of the abdomen; just below the diaphragm. A normal human liver weighs up to 1.44-1.66 kg. The Liver is considered as the largest internal organ. It is a part that comes under the digestive system; triangular in shape.
What is Fatty Liver?
A fatty liver is the result of the excess fat in liver cells. Fatty tissue slowly builds up in the liver when a person’s diet exceeds the amount of fat his or her body can handle. In this case, your Liver tends to be like a sponge that absorbs higher amount of fats which makes it diseased or unable to function well.
Types of Fatty Liver disease:
Fat in the Liver is normal, but if it makes up 5-10% of the organ’s weight, you may have fatty liver disease. Broadly, there are two main types of Fatty Liver disease which are given and described below.
1. Alcoholic Liver disease
This type of Liver disease is caused when you are a fluent drinker. If you drink very fluently then there are higher chances for you to suffer from Alcoholic disease. Research has shown that genes that are passed down from your parents may also play a role in ALD. Obesity, too much iron in the body, Hepatitis, etc can also lead to ALD.
2. Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease-
It’s not clear what causes this type of fatty liver disease. It tends to run in families. It’s also more likely to happen to those who are middle-aged and overweight or obese. People like that often have high cholesterol and diabetes as well.
Symptoms of Fatty Liver:
Fatty Liver is accompanied by a number of signs and symptoms, those are listed as follows:
- Abdominal pain
- Increased weight
- Pain in Right abdomen
- Increased Lipid profile
- Decreased functioning of Digestive system
Causes of Fatty Liver Disease:
- Alcoholism and Smoking can be the foremost causes of Fatty Liver.
- Fatty liver develops when the body creates too much fat or cannot metabolize fat fast enough.
- Hyperlipidemia, or high levels of fats in the blood is also the major cause of Fatty Liver.
- Genetic inheritance
Risks of Fatty Liver:
Fatty liver is the buildup of extra fats in the liver, it’s more likely to develop if you’re overweight or obese. Having type 2 diabetes also may increase your risk for fatty liver. Fat accumulation in the liver has been linked to insulin resistance, which is the most common cause of type 2 diabetes.
Other factors that increase the risks of Fatty Liver are given below.
Diagnosis of Fatty Liver:
Fatty Liver can be diagnosed in numerous ways which are given as follows.
1. Blood tests
Your doctor may find that liver enzymes are higher than normal on a routine blood test. If this process does not diagnose well then further analysis can be done.
It uses sound waves to get a picture of your liver. The fat on your liver will show up as a white area on the ultrasound image. It will make the physicians and radiologists know if you are suffering from Fatty Liver or not.
3. Liver Biopsy
In a liver biopsy, your doctor will insert a needle into the liver to remove a piece of tissue for examination. Your doctor will give you a local anesthetic to lessen the pain. This is the only way to know for certain if you have fatty liver. The biopsy will also help your doctor determine the exact cause.
Now we shall be talking about Herbal Remedies for Fatty Liver.
Treatment of Fatty Liver:
There isn’t a medication or surgery to treat fatty liver. Your doctor will suggest to you diet tips and healthy living techniques to abide this disease. Today we will be talking about the same. It is Herbal Remedies for Fatty Liver. All those will help to recover from the disease soon and in a natural way.
Herbal Remedies for Fatty Liver:
- Fenugreek water is a very effective remedy to fight Fatty Liver. Take a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and boil in a glass of water till it gets half. After getting cool, strain the seeds out and drink it. Repeat this once a day, better in an empty stomach.
- Flat Tummy Water works very well in such cases. The ingredients present in it are rich in antioxidants and anti-microbial properties which flushes out extra fat from the liver.
- Apple cider vinegar is one of the best remedies for fatty liver disease. It helps get rid of fat accumulated in and around the liver and promotes weight loss. Moreover, it encourages healthy liver functioning and reduces liver inflammation.
- The herb dandelion works as a powerful liver tonic, hence it can be used to treat fatty liver disease. You can use it as your tea or as the cooked vegetable.
- Turmeric is another effective home remedy for fatty liver disease. It is packed with antioxidants making it the superfood to correct Liver.
- Foods rich in dietary fibers like papaya, pineapple, cabbage, apple, citrus fruits, water melon etc helps a lot to treat the condition of Fatty liver.
- Bitter gourd juice is also very effective to treat liver diseases considering liver enlargement and fatty liver.
- Increase the percentage of green, leafy vegetables in diet. Carrots, Cabbage, Broccoli, onion, garlic are some of the better options.
- Vitamin C rich fruits like Lemon, Oranges, kiwi etc. are great for reviving liver cells. They are natural antioxidants and regulate fat metabolism.
These were the Herbal Remedies for Fatty Liver. Remember one thing, Fatty Liver can only be treated when you exert some force to it. Try to get cured naturally. Take care and live well!