As per scientific calculation, 90% of all disease are caused due to deformity in stomach. If your stomach is fit and healthy, then your overall health will be good. Today we will be talking about the herbal and home remedies for a stomach disease called Peptic Ulcer.
Ulcers; you can simply say is as, major form of ‘wound’. These can form in any internal organ, which is very painful and hectic. Today let us discuss about this stomach ulcer also called Peptic ulcer.
What is Peptic Ulcer?
Peptic ulcer is a stomach disease in which, there is a sore formation in the lining of stomach. It is like an eroded lesion, which automatically leads to several stomach as well as digestive issues.
Types of Peptic ulcers:
An ulcer may form in any part of the digestive tract, when exposed to the overdose of acidic gastric juice. Normally, it is formed in stomach and duodenum.
The ulcer located in stomach is called gastric ulcer, and those in duodenum is called duodenal ulcer. Usually, both are grouped together and thus known as peptic ulcer.
Symptoms for Peptic ulcer:
- Sharp and severe pain in upper abdomen is the most common causes in peptic ulcer
- Burning sensation in stomach
- Hunger pain
- Internal bleeding, which can even lead to anaemia
- Gradual weakening of the body
- Eased treatment with antacids
Causes of Peptic Ulcers:
- Peptic ulcers result from hyperacidity, in which there is an increase in hydrochloric acid in the stomach. It is a strong acid, secreted by the cells lining the stomach.
- In certain circumstances, if the acid is refluxed it can simply erode the organ ling which results in dangerous situations.
- Overeating, taking of heavy meals, coffee, alcoholism, smoking etc are the main factors contributing to this.
- Overuse of certain drugs like aspirin, food poisoning etc too can lead to peptic ulcers.
- Overproduction of calcium in the body; hypercalcemia can also lead to this.
- In elderly ages, this problem is very common.
- Emotional stress and nervous tension, also plays a major role in the formation of ulcers.
Diagnosis of Peptic ulcers:
Many times, when we feel such burning sensation in digestive tract, we think it as the normal acidity. But it is not always the same! Well, the diagnosis process of stomach ulcers are given below-
- The process of diagnosis will depend on your symptoms and the severity of your ulcer.
- In the process of diagnosis, the doctor will first check all your medical history and family health too.
- In advanced stages, it will also include endoscopy, endoscopic biopsy and many more.
Now let us see what are the herbal treatments for these ulcers. As well all know, natural therapies are always better than any sort of allopathic ones.
Herbal Treatment for Stomach Ulcers:
- Bananas are regarded as the most effective remedy for peptic ulcers. Banana neutralises the overacidity of gastric juices ad reduces the irritation.
- Almond milk, must be taken on a daily basis as it binds the excess of acid in the stomach. It is best, if taken in goat’s milk.
- Cabbage is also another useful remedy for peptic ulcers. It should be taken, as juice or boiled in water.
- Also the leaves of drumstick plant or sehjan, is very useful to treat peptic ulcers. The leaves can also be grounded in paste and taken with yogurt, works very well.
- A juice prepared with cucumber, carrot and spinach is too very good to treat stomach ulcers.
- A glass of lemon water, with cumin and black pepper powder should be taken once daily.
Now we shall be telling you the do’s and don’ts for Peptic ulcers. A patient suffering, must follow these tips for better and sooner recovery.
Do’s and Don’ts for Peptic Ulcers:
- The stomach ulcers patient must drink 8-10 glasses of water everyday, it is very important.
- The food intake of the patient, should neither be too hot nor too cold.
- Any kind of canned and processed foods, must be avoided.
- Yoga pranayamas like anulom vilom, sheetali etc are very beneficial for the eased treatment.
- Bhujangasana, Uttanpadasana, Pavanmuktasana etc are yogic asanas, which must be done as per the patient’s capability.
- He/She should take small and frequent meals, as it reduces the formation of acid, minimizing the chances of any further damages.
- Diet is of utmost importance for the treatment of ulcers. Milk, cream, butter, fruits, fresh and raw vegetables are the best diet for an ulcer patient.
- Going with the juice therapy, is an effective remedy for peptic ulcers.
Thing about stomach ulcers, no one is going to tell you:
Only treatment and medications are not enough. There is one more thing, which plays a major role. The patient should be freed from all kinds of worries and anxiety.
As we said, emotional factors too is very important in the development of ulcers. You should be cheerful and happy always. By doing this, you will notice that the recovery period has shorten and you are getting cured soon.
Hope you like the article. Share it to all and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.