Table of Contents
High Blood pressure is a disease of the neural system which is also called ‘Hypertension’ in medical terms. Just like every major disease, high blood pressure is also known as the disease of the modern age. The fast pace of life and the mental and physical pressures caused by industrial and metropolitan environments give rise to such problems. It is also known as a ‘silent killer’ which grows in no time and shows its effects.
Here, we shall be discussing the various terms and topics related to High blood pressure as listed below-
- What is High Blood pressure
- Mechanism and causes of High Blood pressure
- Symptoms of High Blood pressure
- Diet cure for High Blood pressure
- Yoga therapy for High Blood pressure
These points will help to understand the disease; and you will be able to conclude how to manage the disease. So let’s get started-
What is High Blood pressure?
Before knowing what is High Blood pressure, you must know what is ‘Blood pressure’.So, blood pressure is referred to as the pressure of the blood in the circulatory system. Generally, blood pressure check-up is one of the tests when you go for a routine check-up and is calculated using a medical device called ‘sphygmomanometer’. It is often measured for diagnosis since it is closely related to the force and rate of the heartbeat and the diameter and elasticity of the arterial walls. When the pressure gets high, it relates to some disorders such as heart problems, strokes, trauma, etc; it is called ‘High Blood pressure’.
What are Mechanism and causes of High blood pressure?
Worries and mental tension are regarded as the chief cause of High Blood Pressure. When worries and tension exert pressure on you, it increases the adrenaline in the bloodstream and this, in turn, causes the blood pressure to rise. The blood which circulates through the arteries within the body supplies every cell with nourishment and oxygen. The force exerted by the heart; decides it’s pressure. When the pressure becomes too high, it results in Hypertension which is caused by spasm or narrowing of the blood vessels, known as capillaries throughout the body.
This narrowing puts more stress on the heart to pump blood through the blood vessels. Hence the pressure of the blood to get through rises in proportion to the pressure on the heart. People who are most stressed are often seen with such diseases. If the stress continues for a longer period, the case may get permanently turned to the disease and may result in harshly. Following are the counting of blood pressure which indicates the low, normal or high blood pressure-
Normal Blood pressure- 120/70- 140/90
Borderline area- 140/90-160/95
Moderate Hypertension- 160/96-180/114
Severe Hypertension- 180/115 and upward
Symptoms of High blood pressure:
Although, mild and moderate hypertension may not produce any symptoms for years, as the blood pressure rises further; the symptoms that begun to appear are as follows-
- Pain at the back of the head
- After morning walk, pain on the neck
- Pain in arms, shoulder region, leg, back, etc.
- Frequent pain in the heart region
- Emotional trauma
- Nervous tension and anxiety
Curing methods of Natural Remedies:-
As we all know, natural remedies are pure, elegant, beneficial, and satisfactory. There are many treatments for hypertension in different fields like allopaths, homeopaths, etc. But here we will be discussing about ‘Natural therapies’ only. It is affordable for everyone and far more satisfactory.
Diet remedies for Hypertension-
Diet plays a major role in the curing or arrival in any kind of disease. If your diet is not perfect and wrong, then it may surely lead to some kinds of diseases. At the same time, if you are having proper diet then it may act as a potential medicine too. Following are the diet tips for a patient suffering from Hypertension;
- Meat and eggs cause blood pressure to rise more than other food. So one should minimize its intake and the patient should restrict these things from the diet.
- Your diet should be rich in fiber fruits, lower in protein, and non-flesh diet.
- A natural diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables will help to get rid of poisons and toxins resulting in such kinds of problems.
- The patient should opt for the diet of fruit-diet for at least a week. Oranges, pears, mangoes, guava, pineapples, raspberries, watermelons, etc are the best diet.
- Preferably, raw vegetables are also good for patients suffering from hypertension. If you are cooking, then make sure that the juices are not burnt. Cucumber, radishes, cabbages, spinach, onion, etc are the best to be taken.
- Garlic is regarded as one of the efficient remedies to lower blood pressure. It also cures heart strokes, dizziness, numbness, shortness of breath, etc.
- Indian gooseberry or amla is another effective food remedy for high blood pressure. A tablespoon each of fresh amla juice and honey mixed together should be taken every morning.
- Lemon; one of the richest sources of Vitamin C also normalizes blood pressure. This is essential for preventing capillary fragility.
- Watermelon and watermelon seeds are the safeguard against high blood pressure. Researchers have found that people who take potassium-rich diets have a low incidence of hypertension.
- One suffering from hypertension should also consume dairy products in order to get adequate calcium levels which treat the disorder.
Now, we shall be discussing the “Yoga therapy” for Hypertension cure. Body movements in the correct way are very beneficial for the cure. Here, we will be talking the same-
Yoga therapy is a traditional form exercise that deals with body movements followed by breathing actions; which makes it much effective and promotes curing actions. Exercise plays an important role in curing hypertension.
- One should perform physical activities such as swimming, jogging, bicycling, morning walk, etc helps to relieve tension, build muscles, and aids in the circulation of blood.
- Simple Pranayama like Anulom-vilom and abdominal breathing is beneficial in such cases. You should perform these with great dedication in order to get treated well and effectively.
Yogasanas to normalize blood pressure-
- Shavasana which is also called Corpse pose.
- Surya namaskara; is thee major and highly effective. It should be performed according to one’s capacity and body strength.
Note: However, all the asanas except Shavasana should be discontinued if the blood pressure is above 200 millimeters. These can do harm. You should make your mind calm and can also opt for aromatherapy which is very effective in such cases.
Don’t s for High blood pressure:-
- An irregular lifestyle should not be continued as it can break the effectiveness of all the therapies.
- Smoking and tobacco chewing should be restricted in such cases.
- Excessive intake of cola drinks, refined foods, tea, coffee, intoxicants, etc destroy the natural pace of life.
- Excessive salt is also not good; it damages your kidneys which plays an important role in controlling blood pressure.
- Any kind of infection; even the minor one should be treated immediately as these can even give rise to many problems.
Diseases are produced inside the body; and we guys are searching the treatment outside. Does it shows your wise nature of foolish nature! Actually, the fault is not yours; when some suffer from any ailment then they can opt for any possible therapies so that they get treated. Guys, don’t panic; just stay calm and believe in the almighty spirit. Go wisely and stay well!