Table of Contents
Guava is a well-recognized fruit all across the globe for its medicinal benefits and taste. For some, it is a simple fruit whereas for some it is simply an unexplainable miracle of nature.
What are fruits; one can say that these are simple vegetarian edibles but the grasp meaning lies far beyond it. To understand the whole thing, let’s begin our studies from ‘Fruits’ itself.
Fruits are one of the oldest forms of food known to man. There are many references to fruits in ancient literature. According to Quran, the fruits like grapes, dates, fig, olive and pomegranate are the gifts and heavenly fruits of God. The people in ancient times regarded fruits to be endowed with magic or divine properties.
They contain substantial quantities of essential nutrients in a rational proportion. Persons subsisting on this natural diet will always enjoy a good health. Fresh and dry fruits are thus not only a good food but also a good medicine. So, now lets move to our concerned fruit called “Guava”.
Introduction of Guava Fruit
Guava is a common fruit. There are two varieties of Guava fruit; which have red and white pulp. According to the taste, this fruit is sour, sweet and insipid. In the mid-ripe form, it works like an addiction; its taste will make you addicted of it. It is cultivated in both wild and cultivated form.
The tree is approximately 15-25 ft tall; it has leaves which are 2-6 inch tall placed on small branches. Its leaves are arranged in opposite or sequential manner.
Before getting developed to fruit, it bears whitish-colored flower which has feather type laces on it.
Unripe fruits tastes sour and bitter; finally after getting fully ripen it turns pulpy and a sweet smell comes from it.
Nutrients in Guava fruit
Guava fruit in rich in nutritious elements; ts is recognized as one of the highly nutritious fruit. It is enriched with nutritious molecules, like-
- Dietary fibers
- Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, C, K
- Phosphorus etc
Uses of Guava fruits
Now, we will study about the various ways in which this very fruit is used-
- Since, 1950s the leaves of Guava tree is used as a potential medicine to cure many diseases like Diabetes, cholesterol and heart problems.
- Ripe and Semi-ripe guava is simply used in a raw form to eat whereas in the case of patients it is advised to give them in the boiled form.
- Guava especially with red pulp is used to prepare Guava juice and squash.
- The seeds of guava are used to extract oil.
- Due to its high pectin content, guava fruit is used to prepare jams, jellies etc like this.
- In the Philippians, ripe Guava is used to prepare ‘sinigang’.
- It is also used in fruit bars, dessert items and many more.
Medicinal benefits of Guava Fruit
When we take the name Guava; most of us prefer it as a simple fruit. But this small fruit has hidden numerous healing properties in it. Now, you must be eager to know how to use this natural substance as a remedy. Following are some of the medicinal benefits of Guava-
1. For Headache
- Before sunrise, take an unripe guava.
- Rub it on a stone to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on forehead which aches.
- This treatment should be administered for 3-4 times a day.
It is helpful to cure even severe headaches contrasting with migraines.
Nomenclature and FAQ
Guava belongs to kingdom Plantae and Myrtaceae family. Its binomial name is “Psidium guajava”. In Hindi, it is also called Amrud or Safari whereas in Sanskrit it is called Peruk, Bahubeej and Dridhbajati.
So, in this way we saw numerous benefits of Guava. Guys, always believe in nature; after all we humans are also the creation of nature itself. Lets promote this divine Indian culture and spread longevity to all. So, go green and Live well!
Read More :
- Top 10 Best Fruits for Diabetes patients
- Pitta pacifying fruits to balance Pitta Dosha
- Brined Amla for Health: Loaded with Goodness, rich in taste!
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Pomegranates-Live Healthy
- 5 Medicinal benefits of Sheesham tree you must know about
- 8 Health benefits of Indian Sorrel (Changeri) Herb
- Leafy Spinach and its health benefits
- Homemade Herbal Decoction for Cough and Cold for all
- How to cure Fever in Infants at Home without any Medicine