Indigestion also called dyspepsia, relates to upset stomach which can be caused due to various reasons. It can also be the sign of some major stomach problem. Today let us discuss about the home remedies, through which one can easily curb this.
Indigestion, badahjami, acidity, dyspepsia; all tells the same thing. In this our stomach feels upset and symptoms such as bloating, heartburning, upper abdominal pain etc can be there.
Causes of Indigestion:
- Oily and spicy food
- Late night eatings
- Lack of exercise
Many times, we don’t know but regularity of indigestion can lead to severe stomach problems like Peptic ulcers. In order to stay away from such, we need to curb its root cause naturally, i.e., by home remedies.
Let us talk about 5 easy home remedies for indigestion.
Home Remedies for Indigestion:
- Take 2 cups of water with a teaspoon of cumin seeds in it.
- Make it boil till it reduces to half.
- Let is cool and then strain it.
- Take this water twice a day.
- Take a glass of buttermilk and add 2 teaspoon of mint juice and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- Give it a good mix.
- Have this after every meal.
- This is effective in curing even the severe form of indigestion.
- Take a glass of warm water and mix 2 teaspoon of powdered jaggery (gur) in it.
- Stir well so that the jaggery gets fully dissolved.
- Have this once a day.
- It treats aching stomach and also increases appetite.
- Take a glass of warm water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and same amount of honey in it.
- Mix well, and take it once a day.
- Take a cup of fennel seeds.
- Roast it well and grind into a fine powder.
- Now take a glass of water and add 1 teaspoon of fennel seed powder and 2 teaspoon of ginger juice in it.
- Mix well and take it twice a day.
These are some of the easiest home remedies, which treats indigestion effectively.
Give it a try and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.