Cystitis is a kind of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), very common among females. Today we will be discussing all the common things about it and lastly how to treat Cystitis with Ayurvedic method.
What are Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)?
A question arises to our mind, what is this UTI? Urinary tract infection are the infections or diseases which affects your urinary tract (excretory system), which can be both upper and the lower.
What is Cystitis?
The term ‘Cystitis‘ refers to the inflammation of the bladder. It is a very common complaint among females. Well, the disease is not so severe but gets very discomfortable if not treated.
Why it is mostly seen among females?
The causative bacterium and the primary culprit for Cystitis; Escherichia coli is more convenient in female anatomy. It normally inhibit the colon , to travel from the rectum to the vagina, up urethra and into the bladder.
Symptoms of Cystitis:
- thick and stinging sensation while urinating
- Presence of pus or blood in urine, causing distinctive smell
- pain in lower abdomen
- frequent urination
- rise in body temperature
- some pain in lower back
- great discomfort and edema in bladder portion
Causes of Cystitis:
- Cystitis may result from infections in other parts adjacent to the bladder such as kidneys, urethra and the vagina.
- Long and unduly retention of the urine may also cause cystitis
- Severe constipation
- Continual draining of pus and germs from an infected kidney, may injure the epithelial lining of bladder leading to cystitis.
- Childbirth injuries and surgical processes too leads to cystitis
What happens in the acute stage of Cystitis?
When the disease is left untreated or reaches to the chronic stage, it causes swelling and ulcer in bladder which makes it unable to hold normal amount of urine.
It causes a great discomfort in patient’s body.
Diagnosis of Cystitis:
First procedure carried out for diagnosis is Urine test. The urine test will either be sent to a laboratory, or the GP may use a dipstick.
Patients who get cystitis regularly may need further tests. This could include an ultrasound scan, an X-ray, or a cytoscopy of the bladder.
Generally, after catching the specific bacterium for the infection, oral antibiotics etc are prescribed for the treatment. Well, now we shall be dealing with our most concerned point for this Urinary Tract Infection.
It is how to cure it in herbal and Ayurvedic way. Shall we proceed!
Ayurvedic cure for Cystitis:
In Ayurveda, Cystitis is a disease which has been studied minutely; since from ages. There are several herbs and treatments found which helps to cure the disease efficiently.
- The powder of sandal mixed with milk and had on a regular basis is one of the best treatment for cystitis and other urinary inflammations.
- Kulfa is a well-known herb for cystitis and other urinary tract infections. Its leaves infused in water and taken twice a day can take care of the scanty urination caused due to excessive sweating.
- Drumstick is a very ideal remedy to treat Cystitis. You just need to boil it, peel the skin out and make the juice of its pulp. Its daily intake, helps to combat Cystitis.
- Make a cucumber smoothie and add few lemon drops to it. Stir well and take thrice a day. It provides a cooling effect to bladder and also inhibits the growth of bacterium.
- Certain yogasanas like Dhanurasana, Bhujangasana etc massage and tone the kidneys and improve the function of genito-urinary organs. This automatically helps to curb cystitis.
- Watery fruits such as watermelon, cucumber, tomato, gourds etc are very good diet for a cystitis patient. These must be included in their diet for better results.
- Cranberry juice may have infection-fighting properties. Include this in your daily diet.
Care tips for Cystitis:
A cystitis patient must follow a healthy lifestyle for the sooner and better recovery. Following are some of the tips which helps to heal cystitis better-
- Never stop the urge of urinating, it is actually one of the biggest causes of UTI’s.
- Empty your bladder completely when you go to the bathroom.
- Drink plenty of liquids, especially water. 3-4 liters of water is very good for a normal and healthy adult.
- If you are sexually active, empty your bladder as soon as possible after intercourse. Drink a full glass of water to avoid bacterial transfusion into your body.
So, this was the description of lower Urinary tract infection called Cystitis. One must stay aware of such problems. Hope you like the article, and hope we are able to answer all your questions bewildering in mind about Cystitis.
Do response and share it as much as possible. Take care and live well!
Image Source: www.mygynae.co.uk
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.