Inside our body, several functions and metabolisms takes place which are responsible for our body structure, functioning and our lifestyle too. According to Ayurveda, disease is the condition where our health is defeated from some intrinsic and extrinsic factors; when our body elements; Vata, Pitta and Kapha are imbalanced then it produces a deformed situation named as ‘Disease‘.
Here our concerned topic will be a disease called Gout. We will be talking about the Natural and Ayurvedic remedies to cure it in a feasible and affordable manner. Gout is also a kind of arthritic disorder called Gouty arthritis where our certain parts as well as the joints are seen in a swollen condition. It has many other related problems to which are quite painful and liked by none.
What is Gout?
Gout refers to a certain form of inflammation of the joints and swellings of a recurrent type. Gout is one of the most painful forms of arthritis. It occurs when too much uric acid builds up in the body. It is a disease of the wealthy and chiefly affects middle-aged men. Women, after menopause, are also sometimes affected by this disease. It is also a kind of Rheumatoid disorder and is far much same as Arthritis.
Gout is a painful and potentially disabling form of arthritis that has been around since ancient times. It is sometimes referred to as the “disease of kings”. People longing to be free from disease have incorrectly linked it to the kind of overindulgence in food and wine only the rich and powerful could afford. In fact, gout can affect anyone, and its risk factors vary.
Signs and Symptoms of Gout:-
Gout and Arthritis looks almost the same, to guess the presence of Gout you can checkout the following symptoms-
- The first symptoms usually are intense episodes of painful swelling in single joints, most often in the feet, especially the big toe.
- Redness and warm feeling on the affected part
- Intense and acute pain
- Kidney stones are more frequent in people with gout.
- Slight fever and difficult urination
- Fatigue and mental harassment
- Change of colour of the skin
- Burning sensation.
Causes of Gout:-
The chief cause of gout is the formation of uric crystals in the joints, skin and kidneys. Uric acid is an end product of the body’s chemical processes. Those affected by Gout have a higher level of uric acid than the normal, either due to the formation of increased or reduced amounts of acid being passed out by the kidneys in the urine.
This uric acid usually remains dissolved in the blood. But when the blood becomes too full of it, the uric acid forms needle-shaped crystals in the joints which brings about attacks of gout.
Heredity is an important factor in causing this disease and certain races are prone to Gout. If your parents have gout, then you have a 20% chance of developing it. Those who intakes diet rich in red meats, internal organs, yeast, shellfish, and oily fish increase the risk for gout.
Stress is also regarded as an important cause of gout. During alarm reaction, millions of body cells are destroyed and large quantities of uric acid freed from these cells enter the tissues after being neutralized by sodium.
Now, we shall be talking about the treatment of Gout. Gout is simply the deposition of some harmful things called ‘uric acid’ on the joints and bony area. It mostly occurs on the places of joints and toe areas. In Medical science, one of the most efficient way to cure and get rid of this is ‘Surgery’; but it is quite unaffordable and dissatisfactory for everyone. Here we will be talking about the Ayurvedic cure for Gout clearance.
Ayurveda is the ancient Indian system of natural and holistic medicine. When translated from Sanskrit, Ayurveda means “the science of life” (the Sanskrit root ayur means “longevity” or “life” and veda means “science”).While allopathic medicine tends to focus on the management of disease, Ayurveda provides us with the knowledge of how to prevent disease and how to eliminate its root cause if it does occur.
Ayurvedic remedies to cure gout:-
For Acute attacks, there is no better remedy than Natural treatment.
In Ayurveda, gout is known as vatarakt, as the main dosha involved is vata and it affects rakt dhatu. Vitiation (impairment) of vata dosha and rakt dhatu is caused by increased intake of spicy, sour, salty, alkaline, heavy and penetrating foods.
The impaired doshas travel through the channels of the body and get accumulated at the smaller joints causing damage to the tissues and bones of the joint resulting in vatarakt.
- Usually affecting the toe joint; patients affected with acute gout are often advised to take hot foot bath in water enriched with Epsom salt. In case the conditions affecting more than one joint regular bathing in Luke warm water with dashes of Epsom salt proves to be relieving.
- For relief from pain two tea-spoon full measures of cider vinegar and raw honey may be consumed. The anti inflammatory property of honey and malic acid content of apple vinegar will work together to ensure relief.
- The juice of French or string beans has also proved effective in the treatment of Gout. About 150 ml of this juice should be taken by the patient daily.
- Raw potato juice and pineapple juice also highly beneficial.
- Sour or sweet cherries; are considered an effective remedy for gout. The person should consume 15-25 cherries a day for better results.
- The person should avoid all purine and uric acid producing foods such as meats, eggs and fish.
- Liquors, tea, coffee, sugar, white flour etc are like poison for gout patients.
- Citric acid in lime helps to dissolve the crystals formed on the toe and on the other parts. Take 1-2 glasses of lime water on a daily basis.
- Swallow 2-3 peeled garlic buds in the morning; doing this on a regular basis promises for the full cure.
- Have 1 apple after every meal. The malic acid present helps to neutralize the uric acid.
- Boil a cup of mustard oil with 10 gm of camphor in it. Apply this oil on the affected area and massage gently. It helps to dissolve the uric acid present inside.
- Increase the use of garlic, ginger, cumin, fennel, coriander, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to cleanse toxins from the body.
Excessive anger, waking up late in the night, sleeping in the daytime, excessive traveling, trauma, overindulgence in physical exercises, excessive sexual activity and suppressing the natural urges of the body can also lead to gout. Ayurvedic treatments emphasize herbal preparations, diet and routines that help to cleanse the blood.
So,in this way we saw the Ayurvedic remedies how to get rid of such diseases effectively. Guys, we can only say what to do and what not to do! As a fact, a sufferer only knows the pain of this. It not only needs medicine but the person also needs owness and a motivational voice who can make him feel better so that the cure marches rapidly! Take care and Live well!
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.