Constipation is a common disturbance of the digestive tract. In this condition, the bowels do not move regularly or are not completely emptied when they move. Before moving to these, first we will we talking about the ‘Digestive system’. It will be easy for you to understand about the constipation topic. So, now lets move to it-
It has been derived from the word ‘digest’. Digestive system is one of the most vital system of the body which is meant to digest the ingested food stuffs. There are many organs in digestive system meant for their own function and processes. Intestines, stomach, gall bladder, colon, intestines, liver etc comes under this. When we ingest our food through oral cavity is passed through food pipe and the function starts. Our system is like an automated machine; as it receives the material it starts working with it. Several enzymes work to break the food the after extracting the nutritions from it; waste products are released through the intestines.
What is Constipation?
Constipation is also called ‘kabz’ in Hindi terms. In this very disease, the bowel system gets suffocated or happen less often than normal. It is a fact that, constipation is the chief cause of many diseases as such a condition produces toxins which find their way into the blood stream and are carried to all parts of the body. It really results in the weakening of the vital organs and lowering of the resistance of the entire system. In this case, severity varies from person to person and also depends upon the age and diet structure. The normal length of time between bowel movements varies widely from person to person. However, for comfort and health , at least one clear bowel movement a day is essential and considered normal.
Symptoms of Constipation:-
Well, as said the signs and symptoms of constipation varies according to the severity. The common symptoms are listed below-
- Coated tongue and foul breath
- Dark circles under the eye
- Ulcer in the mouth
- Fullness in the abdomen
- Pain in the lumber region
- Heart burning
Causes of Constipation:-
There can be many reasons for constipation, like-
- Wrong diet and faulty style of living is the most important causes of chronic constipation.
- Intake of refined food stuffs can also be the apparent cause of constipation.
- Excessive use of strong tea and coffee.
- Frequent use of purgatives
- Lack of physical activity and sedentary lifestyle can also be the cause.
- Emotional stress and strain
- Irregular habits of defecation
- Sluggish liver, colitis, spastic condition of the intestine, hyper-acidity can also be the cause of constipation.
- Enlargement of the prostate glands can also be the cause of chronic constipation.
Ayurvedic remedies for Constipation:-
The most important factor in curing constipation is a natural and simple diet. Here, we will be describing about some of the home and herbal remedies in order to cure constipation. It is painless, free from incisions and other discomforts. The curing process will vary according to the severity itself.
- You should subtract refined food from your diet; addition of whole grains, cereals, bran, honey, molasses, green leafy vegetables, pumpkin, dry fruits, fruits should be there in your diet. It is the biggest thing to cure constipation.
- Hurried meals and meals at odd times should be avoided. As much as possible prefer jaggery or honey exception than sugar and sugary products.
- Regular and optimum drinking of water in beneficial to cure constipation. Normally, 6-8 glasses of water should be taken in a day.
- All fruits except banana and jack-fruit is helpful to cure constipation.Bael fruit is best for constipation cure.
- Patients suffering from chronic constipation should include pear in their daily diet. It is the best way to treat constipation.
- Guava is an also a good thing. When eaten with seeds it provides an ample amount of roughage in your diet which is the very effective remedy for roughage.
- Drinking hot water with sour lime juice and a half teaspoon of salt is also the effective remedy. It clears the bowel and helps to clear the system.
- A teaspoon of linseed swallowed with water before each meal provides both bulk and lubrication.
- Drinking water which has been kept overnight in a copper vessel. It strengthens your digestive system and liver too.
- Fresh air, outdoor games, walking, swimming, gardening and minor exercises are also very helpful. It tones up your muscles hence cures the constipation.
So, these were the herbal tips which are really useful to cure constipation. In order to keep yourself free from such disorders you need to strengthen your immunity first. Actually it is the key for a healthy life. So, take care and live well!