Bhringraj or Trailing Eclipta is a small herb which is simply miracle in itself. Today we will be telling you 215 health benefits of Bhringraj. You will really get surprised of its usages and benefits.
The plants of Bhringraj is well-known for inducing the growth of dense, thick and black locks of hairs. You must have observed, in any herbal hair products, bhringraj is always the ingredient.
Appearance of Trailing Eclipta:
It is small, annual, sprawling plants which sometimes stand straight with numerous branches. The branches are covered with hair and have roots at the knots. It bears white flowers, which grow in the form of heads.
The plant bears flowers and fruits in the winter season. The seeds are long, short and similar to black cumin.
Where it is found?
Trailing Eclipta plant is found at heights up to 6000 ft in wet soil near water bodies. The plants are also found in the areas of Bengal, Assam, Konkan and Madras regions.
Nomenclature of Bhringraj herb:
English name– Trailing Eclipta
Hindi name– Bhagera, Bhangraiiya
Sanskrit name– Bhringraj, Keshraj, Markava
Arabic name– Kadeemul-bint
Family name– Asteraceae
Botanical name– Eclipta alba
It contains an alkaloid, known as akleptine. It also contains resins in good amount.
Now, we shall be talking about the health benefits of Bhringraj plant. For many of us, this plant is just a weed (as it resembles). It’s time to change your mind, have a look in the following benefits and you will be surely amazed.
Health Benefits of Bhringraj herb:
1. Miracle for Hair problems-
- Apply the juice of bhringraj herb on the bald head areas.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes, then wash off.
- Repeat the process on a daily basis.
- Within a few days, black and strong hairs comes out.
- This method is also useful for split ends and premature graying of hairs.
- Take 20 gm each of bhringraj, triphala, anantmool and seed of mango.
- Prepare a paste of these.
- Take 10 gm mandoor paste and 1/2 kg oil.
- Mix them all and add 1 liter of water to cook the mixture till only oil is left.
- Strain the oil and apply on hairs.
- It cures all types of hair problems.
2. Aids in eye disorders-
- Take 10 gm powder of its shade dried leaves, 3 gm honey and 3 gm ghee.
- Mix well and give this to the patient every night before going to bed.
- Continue the treatment for 40 days.
- It cures all forms of eye disorders.
- Put 2 drops of its juice in eyes, after or before sunset.
- It cures eye pain and swelling.
3. Treats Toothache–
- In case of pain in any toot, put 2-4 drops of bhringraj juice in the ear opposite to the aching tooth.
- It treats toothache in just 1-2 uses.
4. Controls Blood pressure–
- Give 2 teaspoon juice of its leaves with 1 teaspoon of honey mixed in it.
- Give this twice a day.
- Within a few days, it normalizes the blood pressure.
5. Helpful in multinodular tuberculosis–
- Grind the leaves of bhringraj and prepare a cake.
- Cook it in ghee and tie it on the tumor of multinodular tuberculosis.
- It gives relief and cures it.
6. Relieves Migraine pain-
- Heat equal quantities of its juice and goat’s milk.
- Put few drops of this mixture in nose.
- Also, mix black pepper powder in its juice and apply on the forehead.
- It gives relief in migraine.
7. Treatment for Jaundice-
- Grind its fresh, clean leaves.
- Mix 7 black peppers in 2ml paste of leaves and give it to the patient every morning, in an empty stomach.
- You can give it with sour curd or buttermilk.
- Within 5-6 days, it cures jaundice.
8. Aids in Stomach pain-
- Grind 10 gm leaves of Bhringraj with 3 gm black salt and little amount of water in it.
- Strain the solution and give it to the patient.
- Repeat the dosage for 3-4 times a day.
- It cures even the severe pain.
9. Helpful thing in Diabetes–
- Take powder of Bhringraj and powder of flowers of babool in equal quantities.
- Add some sugar candy to it.
- Give this to the patient with 6 ml of goat’s milk.
- This is very useful to treat all forms of diabetes.
10. For Scorpion bite-
- Grind its leaves and apply the paste on the swollen area.
- The pain condenses on the bitten area.
- It also relieves the sting and poison too.
11. Treats Burning sensation-
- Massage with its juice to cure burning sensation of hands and legs, itching and swelling.
12. Treats Ulcer-
- Apply its juice on the infectious ulcers.
- You can also tie the poultice on the ulcers.
- In case of ulcers and boils on hand, thumb and fingers apply its thick paste on the ulcer.
- It helps heal the ulcer fast.
13. Eradicates Giddiness-
- Give 4 ml of its juice with 3 gm sugar mixed in it.
- Give this twice a day.
- Within a few days, it cures weakness and eradicates giddiness.
14. Treats Body ache-
- Grind the entire plant with water into a fine paste.
- Strain the solution and give 5-10 gm of this to the patient.
- It heals body ache.
15.Helpful in Cholera-
- Give 2 teaspoon juice of its whole plant with the little amount of rock salt in it.
- Give this to the patient thrice a day.
- It relieves Cholera.
So what do you say now! Isn’t it a miraculous plant. Trailing Eclipta is a very beneficial plant. If you are suffering from any of the disorders listed above, they must give it a try.
Hope you like the article. Share to all, in all social media and all your friends. Take care and live well!
Read More :
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.