Can anybody transform my allergies into human form so I can just punch them in the face? Do these kind of thoughts come in your mind when you are going through some allergy problem? If yes, then just need to look at your surroundings and food habits? These problems can be managed by changing the conditions due to which the cause of allergy proliferate. In general, allergy is a reaction by body’s immune system towards some kind of food or other substance. These substances or items generally do not harm the body system and functioning but sometimes body’s immune system unknowingly attack them and due to which immune response generates. This response further cause some reactions in the body due to which condition of allergy occurs.
ALLERGIES CAN BE OF MANY TYPES SUCH AS
- Food allergy – allergy due to some kind of food such as milk, wheat, tree nuts, soy, eggs, certain seeds etc.
- Skin allergy – Atopic dermatitis and Hives etc.
- Dust allergy – These make breathing difficult and can trigger asthma conditions like wheezing, coughing and tightness in chest etc.
- Insect sting allergies – honeybees, hornets, wasps, yellow jackets and fire ants – insects famous to cause allergic reactions such as pain, redness, hives, swelling, itching and redness etc.
- Pollen allergies – These allergies can be countered by changing the food habits.
- These often known as good bacteria, because they keep our gut healthy. They can be found in our dietary supplements, foods and in other forms.
- These help to recover the immunity system of the body and decreasing the number of bad bacteria in the body. Probiotics are known to balance anti- and pro-inflammatory cytokines in the gut. After the consumption of probiotics, the cytokines [faecal α-1 anti-trypsin, tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α (decreased level) and changes in other cytokines] point to the down-regulation of inflammatory mediators.
- The probiotics known to treat many allergic conditions such as eczema, allergic rhinitis, asthma and food allergies.
Best foods for probiotics are:
- Yogurt (organic kind of yogurt without sugar and food dyes)
- Milk Kefir (inexpensive, drink one to two hours before meals, on empty stomach)
- Kombucha (a fermented, lightly effervescent sugary black or green tea drink. This is fermented with scoby, a symbiotic culture of yeast and bacteria).
USE OF BIOFLAVONOIDS:
- This is classified under the plant polyphenolic compounds. These are known to provide color to the compound, especially found in various fruits.
- One of the bioflavonoid, Quercetin, known to have strong affinity for mast cells and basophils. This compound is one of the important anti-allergy component, enriched with anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-allergic properties. This stability tends bioflavonoid to stabilize their cell membranes. This helps to prevent them from spilling their allergy causing histamine or serotonin, pro-inflammatory into the surrounding blood and tissue which is in respond to antibody IgE. Without release of these inflammatory mediators, the allergies simply will not occur, in any condition like you mistakenly inhaled the pollen, animal hair, or other things that generally triggers allergy attacks.
- The foods enriched with these phytochemicals involves red and yellow onions, green tea, broccoli, apples, raspberries, cranberries, cherries, red wine etc.
VITAMIN RICH FOOD ITEMS:
- Vitamins is a crucial ingredient of food nutrients. A very strong alternative to treat the problems of allergy. There are vast varieties of vitamin present in the nature and many of them are known to treat the allergic infections:
- This is one of the most effective vitamin to treat problem of Allergy. This vitamin is known to decrease the histamine production which is one of the main reason of allergies. This also helps to strong the immune system of the body which further helps to fight against allergic infections. This include foods like oranges, lemon and lime etc.
- It is very famous anti-oxidant present in the body which is very crucial for body’s immune system. This boosts up the immunity. Strong immunity helps to fight against allergic conditions. Food items such as spinach, wheat and tropical fruits enriched with vitamin E.
- This vitamin is known to increase the enduring powder of the body and also helps to decrease muscle fatigue that are known to cause allergy. The food items enriched with this vitamin are nuts, seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame and yeast.
- This is very helpful in the conditions of nasal and rhinitis allergies. The items that known to provide vitamin B5 supplement are liver, broccoli, corn and mushrooms etc.
FOODS ENRICHED WITH PHYTOCHEMICAL CURCUMIN
- This phytochemical is known to found in a very famous spice, turmeric. This is known to have properties like anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. Add turmeric in your diet, dried or fresh you can use its both forms. You can add them in soup, vegetables, curries and salad etc. take this but avoid it’s too much consumption. Add a little or pinch of turmeric every day in your diet routine.
- Omega-3 a kind of fatty acids known to reduce immunity hyper activated in response to allergies. This helps by reducing the activity of eosinophil cells. This maintains the functioning of liver and asthma or other allergic symptoms such as running nose, sneezing and cough etc.
This is known to calm Allergy in two ways:
- First is, brings down the inflammation which is caused by histamine response towards allergic condition.
- Second is, by boosting up the immunity of the body.
EAT FOODS RICH IN ANTHOCYANIN
This is a class of phytonutrients known to provide purplish – red color to the foods in which it is present. These are natural anti-inflammatory in nature. This nature of these phytochemicals helps them to fight against allergic problems. The foods in which this component is present are – cherries, berries, dark red-purple grapes and beet etc.
ADD SPICES IN YOUR DIET
Spices add another benefit with foods and very helpful to treat allergy problems. Spices like hot mustard, anise, fennel and horseradish etc. helps to provide relief from allergy by stimulating mucosal cilia to break congestion. These are known to have anti-inflammatory properties which help to minimize the allergic effects.
FRUITS TO EAT DURING ALLERGIES
- Fruits such as banana, oranges, papaya, grapes and pineapple etc. helps to treat allergy.
- Oranges known to have anti-histamine properties and vitamin C. These counter allergic reactions.
- Grapes enriched with anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that are known to help inhibit inflammation in airways, reduce symptoms like swollen sinuses and congestion etc.
- Banana known to reduce the symptoms of allergies related skin and many other.
ADD NUTS IN DIET
These are very good food to take during allergic conditions as these are enriched with components such as magnesium and vitamin E. this known to treat the problem of free radicals, tissue damage and inflammation in the body. Nuts like walnuts, almond and pecans etc. should be taken.
LOW CALORIE AND SALT FOOD
The allergic conditions known to improve if we take low calorie and low salt foods. As this improves lung functioning, asthma symptoms and other related conditions.
THINGS TO BE AVOIDED/TAKEN
- Avoid to eat raw food during allergy.
- Drink plenty of water and juices
- Add yoga to your routine
- Top 7 Home Remedies for Allergies-Natural Ways to Relief
- 5 Health benefits of Cheese which should be known to all
- Respiratory allergy and its natural cure
- Yoga for the Hands – Mudra
- 6 Everyday Foods That Boost the Immune System
- 12 Best Herbal Remedies for Allergy That Provide Relief
- How to increase immunity
- Top 5 First Foods to start Solids to your little angel
- Herbal Remedies & Natural Treatment for Asthma
- Foods to Avoid With Ulcerative Colitis – Best Diet Chart
Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD-Ayurvedic Medicine) is an expert Ayurveda consultant in Chandigarh (India). He has vast experience of herbs and their applied uses. He has successfully treated numerous patients suffering from various ailments, throughout the world. He is CEO and Founder of Krishna Herbal Company and Planet Ayurveda in Chandigarh, India. WEBSITE – WWW.PLANETAYURVEDA.COM