Yoga is one of the very powerful as well as the efficient therapy to massage our whole body. After doing asanas and such practices, our body starts sweating. It doesn’t means that our hands and legs are only toned; if means that your full body including internal and external organs have been massaged and are getting benefited. Here we will talking about a such asana which is specially meant to do the same.
So guys, here our concerned topic will be a yogasana called ‘Markatasana‘. Many of you must not be getting what is this actually. Well, have a look to the following description and you will get how and what is called Markatasana.
What is Markatasana?
Markatasana is a yogasana which normally means ‘Monkey pose’ or ‘Twist Monkey pose’. In this very asana, you body looks like those of a sleeping or resting monkey. The name has been derived and made of two Sanskrit words called Markat which means ‘monkey‘ and asana which means pose or posture’. It is the well-suited and excellent yoga pose for all, especially for the beginners.
So now, let’s see how to do this asana and its other descriptions.
Steps for Markatasana:-
- For attempting markatasana, lie on your back.
- Join toes and heels together.
- Bend knees and place your heels close to buttocks.
- Both the feet are resting on the ground.
- Place left hand under your head and right hand under the left hand.
- Join your knees together, both the feet together (toes and heels together) for entire duration of this asana.
- While inhaling, bend your knees and legs to the right and neck to the left.
- Try to touch your knees to the floor on the right side. Look to the left as far as possible.
- Hold on to this position as long as you feel comfortable. Initially if you are not able to touch your knees on the floor, bend your knees till you are comfortable.
- Your hands, arms and shoulders should rest firmly on ground and should not move while turning your knees or neck
- Now exhale and come back to the starting position.
- Now do this asana to the other side. While inhaling, bend your knees and legs to the left and neck to the right.
- Stay on the pose for few minutes then come back to your normal standing pose.
Now we shall be moving to the benefits of Markatasana.
Benefits of Markatasana:-
- One who practices Markatasana regularly always stays toned-up. Their body and the internal organs are regularly massaged and remains free from ailments.
- Markatasana gifts you a flexible spine.
- It Develops memory, increases self-knowledge and enhances creativity.
- It is one of the best way to cure back pain and other severe pains.
- Increases elasticity of the body as well as the muscles.
So in this way we saw the descriptions of Markatasana. It is extremely good yogasana for all. So, take care and live well!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.