Diabetes mellitus or Blood sugar is the disorder which is caused due to the insufficient production of insulin. This disease is a kind of thing which is considered as incurable. Talking about herbal cure and yogasanas, according to that view diabetes can be said as curable! Yogasanas helps to tone-up your body which reduces the ailment. Yogasanas simply redirects universal power to your body, thus helps to cure the disorder.
Asanas are meant for the well-being of humans. Human body is the most advance creation of nature. We humans have got all the advancements of speech, expressions, hearing, developed brains and many more. Many of us forgets this very gift and march towards depletion. Everyone has same brain and same capabilities, but many becomes brilliant whereas some remains still the dumb. Why so? This is just because of utilization and usage of self-power. Here, we will be talking about a yogasana which is easy to perform and is highly beneficial. It is “Mandukasana“.
What is Mandukasana?
Mandukasana is derived from the Sanskrit word “Maduk” which means ‘the frog‘ and “asana” means ‘frog‘. In this very pose, your body looks like a frog only. It mainly focuses on your abdominal area, spine, thighs and legs area.
Steps for Mandukasana:-
There are several steps which should be keenly follower for better results-
- Firstly, sit in Vajrasana pose; close the fists of both the hands.
- While clenching the fists press the thumb inside with the fingers.
- While pressing the navel with both the fists, exhale and bend forwards.
- Keep looking straight.
- Stay in this position for some time and then come back to Vajrasana pose.
- Repeat this pose for 3-4 times.
Benefits of Mandukasana:-
- It activates the pancreas; thus there is an increase in the quantity of insulin production in the body. As such it is beneficial in curing diabetes.
- It is beneficial for stomach problems.
- It massages the heart naturally thus is beneficial for cardiovascular diseases.
- It also improves the flexibility of thighs and legs.
- It reduces extra fat from the body; especially from those of thighs and hips.
- It improves the functioning of digestive system and excretory system.
- It is helpful in curing the pain of knees, ankles and back.
- It helps in toning the muscles of all body.
Who should avoid Mandukasana?
It is a yogacise, but still there are several contradictions related to it. Like for many it can be harmful even. The list of those who should avoid this, is listed below.
- Patients who have undergone abdominal surgery should avoid practising this asana.
- Mandukasana is not even good for pregnant ladies.
- It should be avoided by people suffering from peptic or duodenal ulcer.
- People with severe back pain and cardiac pain should avoid this.
So, in this way we saw the details of Mandukasana. Guys, yoga is good and should be performed by all. These takes little part of your day but gifts more than as expected. So, stay conscious and live well!
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.