Meditation and Concentrating, is the best way to increase your memory and overall personality. Today we will be telling you about a yoga pose; called Padmasana which is meant for the same.
What is Padmasana?
Padmasana is an important meditative pose. You must have notice, many Hindu gods and goddesses sitting, in the pose of padmasana. Lord Shiva who is known as, enlightened with all the chakras also sits in the same pose.
Steps for Padmasana:
- Sit down in Dandasana and place the right foot on the left thigh.
- Similarly, place the left foot on right thigh. The spine should be kept straight.
- As per the convenience, one may place the left foot on the right thigh and then the right foot on the left thigh.
- Keep the right palm above the left palm, and place them on the lap.
- Focus the mind on the front portion of the nose, or any other point to meditate with concentration.
In the beginning, do it for 1-2 minutes and then gradually increase the duration.
Benefits of Padmasana:
- Being a meditative asana, it is helpful in concentrating the mind and upward the movement of prana.
- It strengthens the digestive system and cures any type of wind related problems.
- It improves the memory, helps to remove insomnia.
- It calms the brain and restores energy levels.
- It is very good for developing a good posture and treating your body deformities.
Those with knee problems and sciatica should not perform this. If you are having any problem related to squat pose, then better avoid this.
Well, this is a very simpler yoga pose but before going through this, consult a yoga expert or the instructor.
Hope you like the article, share it to all and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.