For a happier life, calm and soothe mind is compulsory. Yoga and Pranayama are meant for numerous benefits, including mind relaxation. Today we will be talking about a pranayama called Murccha Pranayama.
What is called Murccha Pranayama?
This is a breathing exercise, which mainly deals to treat brain related problems. Practicing this, keeps your mind active and body energetic.
Let us see how to do this.
Steps for Murccha pranayama:
- Close your eyes and breathe through both the nostrils.
- Raise your head and tilt it little back so that your eyes are looking towards the sky.
- Retain the breath in Antar Kumbhak.
- Open the eyes and look upwards, stay in the position as much you can.
- Now close your eyes and come back to original position, by breathing out slowly.
- Repeat the exercise 5 times daily, without break in between.
Benefits of Murccha pranayama:
- It is useful in curing headache and depression related problems.
- It is helpful in tremors and weakness of muscles.
- It also aids in Kundalini Jagaran and in Dhyana.
- It treats and balances pitta related disorders and discomforts.
- This exercise focuses on your third eye and soothes your intellect.
Murccha pranayama is like meditation. It is very essential for a healthy body and focused mind. It should be practiced by all, and better under the guidance of a yoga instructor.
Hope you like the post. Share it to all and don’t forget to leave a comment here! Take care and live well.