In this world, everyone is craving for peace and harmony. Everyone wants to live well and stay fit. From general view, the person who is good-looking with a healthy body are said to be ‘Healthy’. But, how many of us are fit in real terms! According to Body Mass Index (BMI), whose weight is ample according to the height can be said fit. Those persons who are physically, mentally, socially and spiritually well can be said “Healthy”. To gain this health, we opt for many things; but as a fact nothing is much better than natural procedures. We will be talking about Yoga, significantly yogasana called “Bhujangasana”.
What is Asana?
Asanas are nothing but stretching of body in definite position and posture which brings relief and acts as a remedy. Like when we feel restless, in a simple way we stretch our body and exhale too. What we feel? It brings immediate relief and makes us feel relaxed. Same case is in Yogasanas, it takes time but for sure it makes you relax. Here we will be covering one of the major asana called ‘Bhujangasana’. Significantly, it is specialised in curing back problems. It has also many other benefits that we will be learning ahead.
Meaning of Bhujangasana:-
As the name says, Bhujangasana is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘Bhujang’ which means snake, serpant or cobra; and asana means ‘posture’ or ‘pose’; that is why it is called “Cobra pose”. In this very pose, back, abdomen, hands and chest area is mostly concerned.
How to do Bhujangasana?
As every other asana, this also has some steps and rules. Have a look on the following and try to do at your own-
- Lie flat on your stomach; keeping the palms on the ground and both the hands near both the sides of the chest.
- The elbow should be lifted up and the shoulders should be by the sides of the body.
- Th legs should be straight and the toes should be joined together; toes should be stretching backwards resting on the floor.
- Inhale and slowly lift the chest and head upwards.
- The part of body below the navel should touch the ground.
- While lifting the head upwards, bend the neck backwards as much as you can.
- Must remain in the position for 30 seconds. You can perform as per your capability.
- Repeat the asana for 4-5 times.
- The figure given below will help you get the steps much clear.
Benefits of Bhujangasana:-
- It is beneficial for Cervical spondylitis, slip discs and all spine related disorders.
- It relieves from stress and fatigue.
- It improves the blood circulation.
- It is useful for those suffering from respiratory problems such as Asthma.
- It tones the abdomen.
- It improves the flexibility of the body.
- It opens up the shoulders and the neck.
- As every other asanas and pranayamas, Bhujangasana also brightens your skin complexion and makes your skin look glowing naturally.
Caution for Bhujangasana:-
Yes, we agree that Bhujangasana is very beneficial but it is not allowed in some cases. If one performs with any of the case given below the his/her case many get much worsen.
- Pregnant women should avoid this asana.
- If you have recently underwent abdominal surgeries like Hernia; then this asana is not good for you.
- If you are having fractured ribs or wrists then must avoid it.
So, in this way we saw the description of Bhujangasana. You must include it in your daily routine. It is very good and quite easier to perform. Take care and live well!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.