When your body is healthy, you are filled with all the beauties and happiness of the life! Today we will be telling you about a yoga pose which helps to activate your lower body organs.
Even if one single part of body is upset, whole body system has to suffer! Why to make your body suffer, get joined with Yoga and see the magic of its!
Well, today we will be telling you about a simple yoga pose, which tones your lower body.
What is Supta Vajrasana?
Supta Vajrasana, means Vajrasana which is done in tilted or sleeping pose. It is Vajrasana only, but has a little twist. It mostly gives pressure on your heels, legs and full abdomen part.
English name– Sleeping Thunderbolt pose
How to do Supta Vajrasana?
- Sit in Vajrasana pose and keep the hands, on the sides.
- With their support bend the body backwards and rest the head on the ground.
- The knees should be held together, resting on the ground.
- Slowly try to rest the neck, shoulders and back also on the ground.
- Keep the hands straight on the thighs.
- While regaining the normal position, sit on Vajrasana taking the support of hands and elbows.
Benefits of Supta Vajrasana:
- The asana helps to stretch your lower body, making it flexible and toned.
- It activates the large intestine and also relieves constipation.
- Displacement of navel is removed with this yoga pose.
- It is also very beneficial for kidneys and excretory organs.
Precautions for Supta Vajrasana-
- A person suffering from joint pain, should avoid it.
- Pregnant women should not practice this.
- If you are having slipped discs, knee or back injury, then don’t go for this.
- A female having menstrual disorders should not perform this.
When to perform this?
The best time to do this yogasana is 15-20 minutes after your lunch or dinner. It also helps in eased digestion.
This was sleeping thunderbolt pose or Supta Vajrasana. If you are okay to do this, then must go for it.
Share it to all and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.